Failed Mission

The mission Madam President offered was one where I had to find information in regards of All for One's whereabouts. While it was considered to be a Pro Hero task, the majority of them would be busy during the Billboard Chart Awards. Plus, it gave me more opportunities to help me make my mark of being a pro hero sooner.

As always, I went to my current location where all my info was given when going undercover. I went with the most unique outfit, with my wings disappearing from sight, and wore the oddest wig ever. While the bar seemed empty, I knew one person who would give me all the details, for the right price, that is.

"Hey Luci!" The bartender called out to me. "The usual today?"
"Sure, Jack!" I called back to him.

Luci was my undercover name I had to think of. Since it was an angelic nickname, it seemed kinda fair to go with that. Jack the bartender, placed the drink in question in front of me, as I started to devour.

"Jack," I stumbled, " you make the best drinks up in here."
"Anything for my best patrons." Jack winked, cleaning the cup next to him, "So what brings you here today? Hopefully to pick up them heroes?"
"Not exactly." I muttered as I continued to drink, "more like a villain."
"Ooh! A bit feisty today, I see? What his name?"
"All for One." I replied in a slurred tone.

The cup from his hand dropped, making a small glass crack underneath his feet. He turned towards me as I continued to drink all the alcohol left in my glass.

"Luci, you do pick a really big catch on this one. Why do you want that guy in particular?"
"What? You don't think I can catch a guy like that on a date?"
"It's not like that dearie. It's just..."
"What is it?" I whispered.

He looked back and forth, trying to see if anyone is hearing the conversation entirely.

"He's not the type of guy you should be hanging around with. Trust me, Luci."
"Oh? And why is that?"
"He's basically bad news, according to some people."
"Aw, come on, Jack! Do me a solid just this once. I know how much you love me."
"It's because I love you I won't tell you about him. I'm sorry."
"Party pooper." I pouted as I got up, walking away drunk. "Then that means I have to find that out myself then. Thanks for the booze again."

It only took one step onto the stairwell as Jack called out to me at an instance.

"Look, I can't tell you where he is, but I know someone who can."
"Now we're talking." I grinned with a drunken smile.

*****

As I flew to the location in question, I grabbed my headset, setting up for the commission's data log and started to speak over it on the microphone.

"Data log: Sunday June 7th 1800 hours. I'm currently located at what seems to be a normal hospital. But based on what I've discovered: the person in question may provide me info for whom I'm looking for. If things go south, my feather will sprout upward to a nearby hero agency for an SOS backup. Hopefully, it won't happen, but time will tell me otherwise. Tenshi out."

After I finished recording the data log, I placed a feather near the headset as gently as I could. While it was going to be a stretch, I had total faith in my work as I walked inside the hospital. The person I was going to meet was one which Jack mentioned would get me close to my target: Doctor Kyudai Garaki.

*** Hawks POV ***

As I stood next to the doors, patiently waiting for YN to arrive, many of my fans flocked towards my direction. It seems like my fib was not coming to light after all. As the media and fans were bombarding me with several questions, I tried to play along with this fiasco.

"How does it feel to make it in the Billboards??" a reporter asked me.
"I don't mind it in the slightest. Whichever place I'm in would determine what the people have spoken."
"And which place do you expect to reach?" a second reported requested.
"Not gonna reach the number one spot, since that belongs to the symbol of peace." I joked, "but I'm sure it'll be somewhere in the top ten spot."
"Is it possible Tenshi may not make it to the awards??" another asked.

That was one thing that triggered my head. They may not make it to the Billboards on time? So it looks like the Commission had sent them to another mission after all.

"I'm sure they'll arrive soon." I assured the media, "It may just arrive at the last minute, like always. No more questions at this time."

I started to fly inside to have my seat in the crowd as my fans started to squeal in delight. With a smile for the crowd, I slowly sat down and pondered about their situation. I knew about their secret missions ever since I heard their interaction with one of my red feathers. It seemed very suspicious at first because of their scheduled times with the agency, but I didn't want to talk about it until they were ready to discuss it with me.

Mentally, I planned on talking about this with them after the Billboards, but that meeting never came. Because as soon I was awarded the number 3 pro hero that year, I received an alarming SOS notification I didn't look into right away. It was a warning message from Tenshi: they were in immediate danger and requested backup right away. I didn't look into it until the Billboards ended. With fear and despair after I saw its message, I flew as fast as I could to reach their location, but was too late. By the time I reached their coordinates, one of their beautiful broken wings was lying right on the concrete floor, broken and destroyed. As I fell on the ground in despair, I thought of the worst possible outcome: they were gone, out of my life forever.