10

CHAPTER TEN

Strategy

"You three," All Might called out to Rikona, Tenya, and Katsuki as they entered the building, "learn to think from the perspective of the villains. This is pretty close to a real battle. Go all out. Don't be afraid to get hurt."

Rikona opened her mouth to ask a question, but stopped abruptly when she noticed Katsuki's violent stare locked on Izuku, who was standing outside the door, flexing his fists.

She placed a hand on his shoulder and narrowed her eyes at him in an attempt to calm him down, but he merely growled and shrugged her hand off, before stalking further into the building.

Tenya was the only one still listening to All Might, "Yes, Sensei!" He had replied to his previous brief.

Rikona turned to look at the hero as he began to speak once again, "If things go too far, I will stop it."

"Yes, Sensei," Rikona affirmed quietly alongside Tenya, this time.

__________

"So, Mochizuki-Kun, what are the limitations and abilities of your Quirk?" Tenya began, after a moment of silence between the trio. "We must tell one another about the different aspects of our Quirks in order to produce a viable strategy."

"Screw learning about Quirks! This is battle training, let's just beat them up and win!" Katsuki grumbled, trailing behind Rikona and the armour-clad boy.

"Iida, is it?" Rikona raised her eyebrow at the boy in question, ignoring Katsuki's comment.

"Mochizuki-Kun, I am your classmate! You should know all of our names by n-"

"Iida-Kun is right, Bakugo-Kun. We must strategise before we aimlessly run into battle. It's irrational to do otherwise." Rikona looked back to Tenya after glancing at the seething boy, "Do continue, tell us about your Quirk. I assume it's something to do with speed and engines, hm?"

"Don't ignore me, damnit-"

Tenya, still looking rather offended from being cut off earlier, turned to her in shock. "How have you gathered so much within just two days of being classmates?"

"I do have eyes and ears, you know. In the Quirk Assessment yesterday I saw the engines in your calves, and you came first in all of the speed tests." Rikona halted and watched as Tenya continued on towards the large faux weapon they were to protect. "Besides, earlier in the cafeteria I saw you sitting with Midoriya-Kun and the brown haired girl, reading a book about engines and exhaust pipes, etcetera etcetera. It doesn't hurt to make mental notes on people, sometimes."

"Ah, I see. You are quite observant. You pretty much know most of the basics on my Quirk, so tell me about your own."

"Right. To put it simply, I can transfer energy from one object to another, and change how much energy an object or person has. Though, if I decrease its present energy, I have to transfer it to another object or person. I can't just rid it from existence, and if I increase its energy, then I have to have gotten it from somewhere; I can't just form it out of nowhere, either."

"Even if this is training, it pains me to become a villain." Tenya hummed after a thoughtful pause, then placed one hand on the weapon and took his helmet off with his other. "So our job is to protect this?"