Prologue

Le si oe Meuia

I take a bead and add it onto the thread as I sing.

Naw a Sa'nokur mifa oeyä
Atanti ngal molunge

The words softly spill out of my mouth, like a waterfall into a gentle river.

Mìpa tìreyti, mìpa tìkanti
Lawnol a mì te'lan

I continue to add a crystal onto Meuia's song cord, representing her birthday.

Lawnol a mì te'lan
Ngaru irayo seiyi ayoe
Tonìri tìreyä
Ngaru irayo seiyi ayoe
Srrìri tìreyä
Ma Eywa
Ma Eywa

I take another thread and glance over at my newborn child.

Zola'u nìprrte' ma Zulai
Ngati oel munge soaiane
Lie si oe atanur
Pähem parul, tì'ongokx a oeta
Lawnol a mì te'lan

I smile softly at Zulai as I softly put a bead onto the thread.

Lawnol a mì te'lan
Ngaru irayo seiyi ayoe
Tonìri tìreyä

"We thank you. For the days of life," I whisper in english, "Ma Eywa, ma Eywa.." I gently end the song as I add a crystal onto Zulai's songcord. Tsu'tey walks in and plops down next to me.

"It's beautiful, tìyawn," He whispers to me pointing at the songcord i've started to make, "You learnt from the best."

"I did, didn't I?" My lips curl up into a smile as I recall the forgotten memory.

Flashback

"Waytelem." Tsu'tey slowly articulates.

"Waytelem?" I try to pronounce correctly. Tsu'tey cringes slightly and starts to laugh.

"We'll work on that." He pats my shoulder.

"What does it mean?"

"It means songcord. A songcord is used to remember information, stories and myths. For example, when a child is born, a mother will make a songcord." Tsu'tey educates me on the topic.

"That's beautiful Tsu'tey." My eyes glow up at the thought of it.

"One day you'll make one when you become one of the people."

Flashback ends

I snuggle up next to Tsu'tey as we watch Zulai sleep peacefully.

"We thank you for the days of life." Tsu'tey starts to sing, barely above a whisper.

"Ma Eywa.. Ma Eywa." I lean up and give Tsu'tey a soft peck on the lips.

HELLO GUYS. I've decided to start the works on my new book and put it out there. However, it might take a while since I have to wait for the movie to come out on a platform so I can watch it and start writing. Until then, I decided to feed you guys with a little something for now. I hope you are as excited as I am😎