CHAPTER 6! she'd touch him, and her skin made his bleed

BETTER THAN REVENGE ★﹚

﹙BETTER THAN REVENGE ★﹚

CHERRY WAS QUIET!

her thoughts lingered on what happened the night before, after jay left her house. leia had made an argument about how badly jay was going to be hurt, which the other girl brushed off.

the argument frustrated her. of course cherry knew she was using him, but who was leia to judge her? the same girl who'd been planning on using him, too?

ozzie flipped through his magazine. "cheese festival. another cheese festival. hold up! there's a warehouse rave in milewaukee!"

"can we go to both?" cherry leaned over his shoulder, staring at the page.

"we have to go to the rave. i need this. i want to go somewhere where i don't have to hold back." ozzie pleaded, showing the magazine to rest of the girls.

"you've been holding back?" gwen questioned.

"you have no idea." ozzie grinned.

"i don't know. last time i went to a rave, i stayed up for two days. turns out, if i a mint is 40 bucks, it's not a mint." gwen advised.

"great story. i still want to go." ozzie shrugged, setting the magazine down.

"i'll take you." cherry offered, which made ozzie go into a frenzy of preemptively planning his outfit.

"you know what i want?" leia asked, holding her head in her hands.

"don't say jay." gwen told her.

"jay." leia repeated, causing ozzie to groan, and cherry to scoff.

leia couldn't like jay, not when cherry was hooking up with him. what was she supposed to do? stop hooking up with him? she didn't want to.

did it make cherry a bad person for not wanting to stop holding up with jay, even if her best friend had a crush on him? she didn't care, she was already a bad person.

obviously if leia was seriously in love with jay, for whatever fucking reason, and they started dating, cherry would stop. but not now. besides, cherry had him first.

"it was so hot when he didn't kiss me on the car the other night! but i kinda don't know how to feel." leia finally looked at the red-haired girl across from her. "he kisses you and not me. what's wrong with me?

"nothings wrong with you. me and you are just different people." cherry didn't know how to reply to the comment.

"leia, placing all of your value in the hands of a man is just giving it away, and the direct result of living in an oppressive patriarchal society." gwen interrupted her friends self deprecating moment.

"she read the riot grrrl manifesto and won't shut up about it." ozzie told the girl beside him.

"she's right, though." cherry agreed.