Chapter 1

"Tomi! Tomi! ,you had better open that door before I take it down now! .  You have been there for the past one hour, Ignoring others needs to use the to toilet too." I give you ten minutes",my dad shouted. He  sounds  very furious. I get it,I have been in here for quite a long time but then he has his own toilet. Why use this? He couldn't bring himself to use the visitor toilet. He said and I quote,"It's meant for the visitors,not for me".
  I haven't seen my period for three months and I seemed quite well. No sickness,just this adding of weight. I stare at the pregnancy test,it turns out to be positive. Then stare my reflection at the mirror. Toni was right,I look fat. Toni is my twin sister,we are so identical that our parents had to pierce two holes in the ear for Toni when we were just new born. Toni and I were born and raised in Ontario, Canada because our parents relocated shortly after their Wedding.  We both have the same  curly hair,average height, dimple and light in  complexion. We basically do almost everything together, we both attend Lukehead University where we study psychology. We just turned twenty one yesterday,which is great. Toni is the more outspoken twin.  I raise my shirt up and give my  stomach a little push, it is quite hard. What should I do? I am so confused. I am in trouble,trouble looms. My Dad knocks again.i hurriedly put the pregnancy test in the small bag I had carried with me to the toilet. I open the door to meet with my Dad's angry face. "Why did you take long in the restroom ,Tomi?",He says pushing me aside and then slamming the door behind me. I can  hear  him grunting so loud. My father is very quick to anger.  My father,Mr Obi,surprising right? Well,my mom is  yoruba and my Dad is a mixed breed,from a British father and Igbo mother. His full name is Obi Shawn, a forty six year old man, 6 feet,was born and breed in the United kingdom. My mother, Adenike Shawn,a beautiful forty three year old Yoruba woman, dark and plump  with an average height, was born and breed in the United kingdom but you could say that she didn't forget her roots as she  speaks Yoruba fluently. My mom named both of us. Hence,the yoruba names,Oluwatomi and Oluwatoni which means God is enough for me, the names both have same meaning. Yoruba can be tricky.
I walk briskly to my room, I lock the door immediately I enter. I sat on the bed, crying my eyes out,what will I tell mom. My eyes fell on my  mom's portrait. Our mom has  always been keen about us keeping our virginity to our wedding night and it's to be broken by the special man. I can't bring myself to it, I broke my parents trust in me. I am such a bad child. I reach for my phone that is on the bedside table and dail my boyfriend's number. His name is Daren Patrick,a white  guy from the United States. We are highschool sweethearts. I love him so much,he is my life. He is a year older than me. He didn't pick. What could be wrong? I need to see him,I don't know what to do at all. "I need to go see  Daren, it's urgent", I say leaving a voice message for my sister who happens to in God knows where as I dashed out of the room but is stopped by my bratty  younger brother,Timi. What does he want ?  Timi is  six years younger than us and he looks so much like my father.
"Tomi, mom's calling you",he says as he turns and walks away,almost like running.  I walk to my parents room,she is mostly in her and dad's room. "Tomi baby,what's wrong,are you fine,why are you fidgeting?",My mom voice is laced with worry as I enter.
"Boy problem?",I say,more like asking a question, forcing a smile. Knowing my mom,she won't let the matter die down.
"I asked your brother to call you because I was just missing you. Your sister goes out without informing anyone which is quite bad. Anyways, whatever might be issue, don't think too much nor cry. It's going to be well",she says as she stands up and give me  a soothing hug. Although,I still feel like crap, I feel a little more better. Moms knows the best right.
"Mom, I would like to step out for a bit",I say as I feel her head nodding yes as we release  each other from the hug . She goes back to bed. I need to get out this house. I get out of the house,get  into my car, it isa 2008 model of  Honda Accord and zoom off. His place is an hour  and half  drive from here. Even if I don't  meet him at home,I already have his spare key. After a while, I finally get  to his place. I meet his door unlocked and sitting room looked so untidy. Something was off. _" did he kill himself._" Hell, no. I can't have a fatherless baby. I shake that thought off. I hear slapping sound. "Is he in a fight",I say  quietly. I walk towards his room,open the door. Lo and behold, I see him ramming into a redhaired lady. It is such an ugly sight. I am shaking, I can't cry. I scream and the next thing I know is me collapsing, slowly loosing consciousness. All I can hear is commotion and the last thing I see is my cheating partner's face before I finally gave in and close my eyes.
Well, isn't this lovely? This is the story of my Life.

Please like,share and comment,I love you all. Xoxoxo