The big match

You and Isagi remained friends for a long time. You spend most of your time with Isagi. And you knew everything about him. But sometimes he becomes a little difficult to understand, but that's what makes you like him more.

Today was the day he had a match, and this will determine if his team will go to nationals or not. You were really excited about it. You were getting ready to head out when you got a notification on your phone, and it was from your best friend, Isagi.

(Please ignore the time. I was not able to fix this 🥲)

 I was not able to fix this 🥲)

You quickly put your phone back in your pocket and went downstairs

You quickly put your phone back in your pocket and went downstairs. You saw your mother working on some paperwork, and your father was at his office. Your mother noticed you and asked, "Are you going to Isagi's match?" You nodded and said, "Yes, mother, I really wanted to support him and cheer for him because I know there is a high chance that his team will go to the nationals."

"Of course I know my future son-in-law will win." Your mother said this with a mischievous smile on her face. Her words did not really shock you because she made a habit of calling Isagi her future son-in-law. "I see you still call him that." You said it in a very unamused tone. "What can I say?" "Bad habits die hard." Your mother replied to you. "Anyway, you should head out soon, or else you are going to be late." "You don't want to keep your boyfriend waiting now, do you?"You just stared at your mother and said, "Mother, for your kind information, me and Yoichi are just friends." "Okay, I will stop with the teasing for now, and you really should get going because Jun is waiting for you to drive you there." "Yes, I will see you later, mother." "Love you bye."You went out and headed to the car, where Jun was waiting for you to arrive. "It took you long enough to come out." Jun said. "I am sorry my mother decided to tease me before I head out." "Anyways, let's head out quickly, and also after the match, you will call me when you need me to pick you up, okay?" You gave Jun a short nod.

After some time, you reached your destination, and you saw Isagi waiting for you at the front gate. You went straight to him and gave him a hug. His body tensed up due to the sudden impact. You noticed this and decided to let him go. "I guess you are still not used to my hugs." You said that to him with a little pout. He instantly blushed and said, "N-no, that's not the reason I wasn't expecting you to hug me out of the blue like that." Isagi spoke while stuttering a little.

"If you say so, Yoichi." You replied while smiling at him. "Anyway, we should get going." "The match is about to start." Isagi said clearly that he was trying to avoid further embarrassing himself. "Oh yeah, and Yoichi, do your best and don't get nervous, okay?" You said that while patting him on the back.

Both of you parted ways; you went to your seat, and Isagi went to get ready for the game.