Chapter 1 : Princess Justice (part 1)

(Author's note : be aware that this chapter is a little sad, i'll make it up to you by trying to put as much adrienette fluff as possible into the later chapters)

It all started relatively harmless. It was just a normal  patrol on the rooftops of Paris, however Chat Noir could see that Ladybug seemed somewhat anxious and sad today. "Is something wrong, milady ?" he asked with visible concern as they took a break on a secluded rooftop, obscured from the views of any pedestrians on the streets. Ladybug let out a sigh. "It's just that i felt a lot of pressure on my shoulders recently .  Now that 'm the guardian, i feel like the weight of my responsibilities as a hero could crush me any day. But you don't need to worry about it, kitty. I can handle it." She tried to smile, but Chat Noir still could see that her last sentence was a lie.

 " I could take some of that weight of your shoulders. If you'd just tell me who you are or if you'd allow me to tell you. Believe me, this has nothing to do with me being in love with you, i just can't stand it to see you suffer like  this." He tried to grab her hand but she pulled it away. "We've talked about this often enough, Chat ! It's too dangerous for us  to be together or to know each other's secret identity. Besides, you know that i love someone else. " "Well can you at least tell me who that someone else is ? Just so i know if it's a good person who makes you happy" "No ! You can't know who he is because that would endanger my secret identity ! Besides, he doesn't even love me back. For a short while he was together with a different girl. He is always so kind to me but he propably isn't even aware of my feelings for  him and just sees me as a friend." She let out another sigh. "Well he can't be such a good person if he doesn't love you back and even made you sad by going out with another girl. He might just be toying with your feelings !"

 "DON'T TALK ABOUT ADRIEN AGRESTE LIKE THAT !", Ladybug yelled at Chat Noir all of a sudden, her face  as red as her suit. "IT'S NOT HIS FAULT ! I'M THE  ONE WHO'S ACTING ALL CLUMSY AND ALWAYS STUTTERS WHEN TALKING TO HIM ! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT HIM THAT WAY ! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERSON HE IS ?"In her fit of rage, Ladybug didn't seem to be aware of what her words just revealed, but Adrien suddenly realized everything. A clumsy girl who always stuttered when talking to him ? It could only mean one thing. "M... Marinette ?" he whispered. This single word was enough to make Ladybug press her hands against her mouth.Her eyes widened in shock about the fact that she just revealed to Chat Noir who she was,  she just stood there trembling all over her body.

 "Marinette... " Chat Noir said in a calming tone. "I'm sorry. I'm deeply sorry for never noticing  that you had such feelings for me. I always knew you were an amazing girl, but knowing that you are my beloved Ladybug makes me so happy." Ladybug looked at him with such a frightened expression, that he staggered back. "A... Adrien ?" she asked, as her eyes filled with tears. "No. Please not. Nononononono THIS CAN'T BE TRUE ! " She turned around and jumped away  as fast as she could. "Milady, WAIT !!!" Chat yelled, but before he could follow her, he detransformed."Sorry kid", Plagg said as Adrien leaned against a chimney and gave  him a piece of camembert, " I know you wanted to run after her but i was really out of energy." "Its okay, Plagg. It's my fault. I forgot to feed you before going on Patrol. I messed that up pretty bad , didn't i ?" "Well, it was propably too much at once for her. She might just need some time to think about it". "You're right Plagg, we should give her some space until she progressed it all. Eat up and we'll head home for now."

Marinette detransformed right as she let herself fall on her bed trough the hatch on her balcony. Luckily her parents weren't home, since Marinette didn't want to have to explain why she was crying her eyes out while she pressed her face against her pillow to silence her own sobbing. She felt like all the happiness she had ever felt in her life was drained from her, leaving only despair and loneliness. She wanted it to be a nightmare she was about to wake up from. It couldn't be true. Why did it have to be him of all people ? The kwami's  drew closer, wanting to comfort their guardian, but Tikki gestured at them to let her do it. "Marinette, why are you so sad ? Isn't this a reason to be happy ? Not only is Adrien Chat Noir, but he also said  he's very happy that you're the one behind the mask. Shouldn't you be really happy right now ?".  

"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ? ", Marinette shouted furiously. But it  wasn't the tone that frightened Tikki. It was the look her owner gave her. Marinette's eyes were filled with pure hatred. She had never looked at Tikki like that before.The other kwamis quickly hid  after seeing this horrifying expression on the guardian's face. "I just found out that my love of my life has been by my side all this time and loves me too, but we can't  be together  because Hawk Moth could use our love for each other against us. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT !  IF YOU HADN'T ENTERED MY LIFE  UNINVITED I COULD HAVE LIVED A NORMAL, HAPPY LIFE, MAYBE EVEN WITH ADRIEN , BUT YOU HAD TO RUIN EVERYTHING ! I HATE YOU ! YOU STUPID WORTHLESS  CREATURE ! GO AWAY ! FIND SOMEONE ELSE WHO IS STUPID ENOUGH TO RUIN THEIR LIFE BEING A SUPERHERO !" She took of her earrings and threw them on the floor. Tikki  cried  as she picked them up. It was a heartbreaking sight. "Marinette... please don't do this", she whispered , "I'm sure we can..." "SHUT UP AND GO ! " She lowered her voice  to a sad whisper. "Find someone else who's willing to be Ladybug and i'll make them the new guardian. I don't wanna be a hero anymore. I was never even meant to be one. Fu must have made a mistake when he chose me. This is all so unfair. Why did this have to happen to me ? Why me ? This is so unfair ! Unfair ! Unfair !" 

"Well, well, well, what do we have here ?" Hawkmoth asked himself as he was standing in his  lair. "A poor girl feeling mistreated by the  whole world, demanding justice ? Luckily i can help her get what she wants. Fly away my little akuma, and evilize this poor soul !"

As soon as she saw the akuma, Tikki quickly flew away. She felt horrible leaving Marinette like that, but she knew that her friend wouldn't be able to resist the akuma in her current state of mind and that it would be best to bring the earrings to chat noir. 

Marinette raised her head from the pillow as the akuma touched her bag. "Princess Justice, i am Hawk Moth. You've been treated unfair by the people around you. I give you the power to punish and imprison everyone  who mistreated you. In return, i want you to bring me the miraculouses of  Ladybug and Chat Noir."

"I don't care anymore. All I want is justice" , Marinette said as she was transformed by the akuma. Marinette now wore what seemed to be a mix between a princesses dress and a greek toga. Her eyes were covered by a white blindfold, but she could still see through it. In her right hand she held a sword, the base looking a bit like her bag. On her left wrist she wore a bracelet with two scales hanging down from it. Princess Justice raised her sword. "Hawk Moth ! As my first act, i hereby declare you GUILTY ! I don't have any intention of giving the miraculous to you. I have something different in mind for them !"

"What ?" , Hawk Moth shouted as he suddenly was trapped in a human-sized golden birdcage. He tried to call back his Akuma but it seemed he had lost the control over it as well as his connection to Princess Justice.

"Now, " Princess Justice said as she stood on her Balcony, " It's time for the people of paris to face their judgement day ! I'm coming, my beloved Adrien. I'll destroy everything that threatens our love. Including those stupid miraculouses !"

End of part 1