04

─────

─────

With all due respect to his past and first lover, he was done being sappy and sad. He knew for a fact that he deserved better and that he wouldn't let someone like her bring him down. So, for happiness of his own, he started visiting your cafe again.

Nishimura Riki slid into your life again, and with way, more style than any of your verbal abusers did with their messages.

With sunglasses that lay on top of his nose, he was dressed in all grey as he turned up at your store doing a little spin-off or whatever the sort that was and moonwalked his way to your counter as he slid down his sunglasses with his fingers and raised an eyebrow at you, "Care helping out your regular customer?"

And as easily as that, you were learning to break down the walls you created on the canvas that you once thought would never see the light of yellow ever again. You realised the only one stopping you from enjoying the bright colours of yellow were you. Yourself.

You were so caught up in the moment and in the sadness of your predicament, you forgot that things weren't always going to go your way. No matter how much you try, things are not always going to go right. And in times like that, you found out that it was you that let you in that little bubble of yours that was stuck in the sadness. If you had tried to seek the positivity that you deserved, you would have got it. But you didn't and that was a mistake to learn from.

And you also came to learn to honour the colour grey because, in all of its boringness and stale state of it, it granted you the liberty to enjoy the yellow that was seamlessly oozing out of Riki's confidence all over again. The corners were painted yellow again, and this time it didn't stop at the corners.

It filled your entire canvas.

No matter what colour Nishimura Riki wore that day, whether it be the black that you had always secretly feared on your canvas or the monotonous grey that you had come to accept, the outcome on your canvas was always going to be yellow. The yellow that gave you happiness, hope and the everlasting rays of the sun that always shined upon you.

You have come to love yourself as much you loved Nishimura Riki, and he too promised to love you without restraint. Your canvas never started the day empty again. It was always yellow like you hoped it would be.

Nishimura Riki, the teenage crush of your dreams and the person you've grown to love and accept, has coloured your canvas yellow.

And it was all yellow.

─────

THE END

(A/N): I have a special attachment to this piece because of the predicament that even I, faced. Of course, it didn't turn out like this but, moving on was the best decision I had ever made. This is to the one guy who infiltrated my teenage heart and unknowingly broke it. Thanks for giving me inspiration :) I hope you enjoyed it! I'll see you in my next book ;)

─────