34.

"Noo" , Teja heard a voice as soon as their lips rubbed, and she snapped her eyes open. She realised what she was going to do and suddenly moved back.

Karan who had his eyes closed opened them slowly as he could not feel Teja close. He saw her sitting straight on the seat sweating and breathing heavily. He knew that Teja was not fine, but he could not say or do anything to calm her down because he was also in shock.

"Goodbye" Teja said without even looking at Karan and moved out of the car as fast as she could and ran inside her house.

"What the hell just happened", Karan said, still trying to process the thing that happened a few minutes ago.

Teja hurried towards her house main door , opened them with the spare keys and straight away went to the balcony of her room. She took some deep breaths to calm herself down and then sat on the floor with her knees to chest and stared at the stars blankly. Soon a tear escaped from the corner of her eye.

After a few seconds she picked up her phone and messaged Karan,

"It was a mistake.
Sorry. I didn't mean anything."

And switched off her phone.

Meanwhile Karan while driving back was busy with his thoughts,

' It wasn't me who initiated it right.' He question himself. ' Yes, I just closed my eyes seeing her so close. It was definitely not me.
But did she really do that, and how should I take it.
Should I be happy that she initiated a kiss which means she likes me or should I be sad that she backed out.'

He thought for a few minutes but then decided to stop and switched on the radio.

Kabhi lagta hai sab vaar doon,
Kabhi lagta hai chhad yaar doon,
Dil ke sawaalon ke jawaab mein, Kya kahoon
Kadde mangeya ni pyar, Ni main
Tera aashiq karaar,
Mitthi mili e saza, Rooh nu,
Hoya dil gunhegaar ....

Karan was not happy nor sad, he was just confused.

He knew that Teja initiated the kiss he also knew that Teja backed out and looked extremely worried as she left the car. He had a lot of questions and wanted their answers.

He reached his hotel room and went to freshen up. The next thing he did was checking his phone, which was then flooded with a lot of congratulation messages.

In the middle of those he saw a message from Teja.

' A mistake ' ' didn't mean anything '

Karan went numb after reading the message. As if Teja's actions were not enough her message surely shook him.

Somewhere Teja's actions made Karan feel that she liked him too, and this made him really happy.

But the messages said a different story. He didn't know what to do, and to clear the mess in his head, he called Teja.

"The number you are calling is currently switched off."

He called her a few more time but received the same response.

"A mistake" Karan chuckled, "I wonder what is a mistake, was that about to happen kiss a mistake, or our entire bond. " After thinking for a few minutes, he continued,"This won't go anywhere, and I can't be here knowing that it will not reach were I want it to. "

"Okay" he replied back.

He blocked Teja's number and threw the phone on his bed.

He went to his balcony and stared at the stars blankly. Soon a tear escaped from the corner of his eye.
.
.
.
.
The next morning Teja woke up and found herself on the floor of her balcony. Teja was messed up. She could not understand anything. She could not give reasons for her actions and was equally scared of the reactions on them .

"Anu , will you be done with your work till eight at night." She messaged.

"Yes. But why are you asking?"

"I will be there at your place then."

"But why. Is everything ok." Anu messaged but Teja left it on seen and did not reply back.

Around 8:30 Teja reached Ananya's house and she welcomed her in.

Ananya being such a close friend of Teja knew that she wanted to talk about something important. She gave her a glass of water and then waited for her to talk.

After minutes of silence Teja finally spoke, "I fucked up."

"What did you do" Anu asked with both curiosity and fear.

"I almost kissed Karan."

"What does almost kiss mean."

Teja then told her the entire thing that happened the previous night.

"Why the hell did you back out ". Anu said angrily.

"The question is why the hell did I even go for it."

"Because you like him. What else. You will definitely not kiss him just because he has nice lips."

Teja cried out, "I must have looked like a desperate bitch, who went ahead to kiss her male friend just because he said that he missed her."

"Just went ahead but didn't kiss him. Like what an idiot. Atleast be a complete desperate person and finish what you started."

Teja didn't say anything further and Ananya could see that Teja was really stressed.

"Did you talk to him" Anu asked softly keeping her disappointment aside .

"I messaged him yesterday" Teja said and showed her the messages.

"Don't you think that you could have said it in a better way. His reply shows that he didn't like it."

"I was not in my senses . I wrote whatever that came in my mind. I didn't think much."

"Didn't think before leaning in for the kiss, didn't think before messaging. What were you high on yesterday.
Anyways did you call him."

"I did in the evening but it didn't connect. I think he is in the flight."

"He had his flight at that time ."

"I am just guessing."

"Give me his number" Anu said. She then called Karan through her phone and the call connected.

As soon as the call connected Teja snatched the phone and cut the call. She then again tried to call him through her phone but as earlier it didn't connect.

"He blocked me "

___________________________________

Song : Marz , by Yellow Diary....

Okay I m running, bye 🏃🏽‍♀️

🤍
------------------------------------------------------