These Scars Of Yours

It was rather quiet as the two who had just attempted to take Belos down after spotting him in the forest that laid right outside of Bonesborough. Willow's eyebrows stayed furrowed as she watched Hunter struggling to walk from behind. He winced at every step he took. "Hey, are you o-" just then Willow noticed blood seep through the back of his shirt. "Hunter, your back!" She yelled rushing to his side worried. "Don't worry, I'm okay." He smiled lips quivering. He had known about the bleeding but didn't want to worry Willow.

"When you took that hit for me.. You got hurt badly... Why didn't you say anything, Hunter? You don't have to pretend to be okay!" Willow exclaimed putting her hands onto his shoulders. Hunter's smile faded. Willow placed her hands on his shirt. "I need to take this off, is that okay?" She asked. Their eyes met, one full of fear and the other of worry. "I don't think you wanna see it all.." Hunter mumbled. "What do you mean "it all."' Hunter faced away from her.

"My body is hideous. I have so many scars and.. I... I don't want you to see me like that." Willow felt her heart sink. "Hunter, don't say that about yourself!" Willow felt her eyes water a bit as she clasped his hands into hers. Hunter's eyes went wide and his face went red. He quickly pulled away in shock. The quick movement had caused a sudden pain. "NGH ow.." Hunter whined looking anywhere but at Willow. "Hunter, I have to treat your wound, please. I don't care how many scars cover you, I'll still think of you the same." Willow reassured. Hunter finally faced her. "I-... Okay." Hunter closed his eyes afraid of seeing how Willow would react. She slowly took off his shirt for him. Hunter squeezed his eyes even more shut in pain.

Willow glanced upon each and every scar. 'There's so many..' she thought. Willow noticed the slight shakiness that engulfed Hunter's slim body. She looked up to Hunter's face. He looked so afraid. Willow took a deep breath as she walked to face his back. The blood dripped ever so quickly. She grew an Aloe Vera plant for its clear gel that helped to heal wounds. "I'm not the best at healing spells but this plant should help at least a little bit." She said as she quickly split the plant in halves lathering the wound up in the plant's gel. "AH, ow ow ow..." Hunter tried to keep in the pain.

"I'm sorry." Willow mumbled still having to continue. Once she was done she walked to the front of him only to feel worse. Tears were streaming down his face as he cried silently. "Hunter, oh gosh, did it hurt that bad? I'm so sorry, I-" "No, no, it's not th-that, it's just..." Hunter panicked not wanting her to blame herself. "Just... What?" She asked. He looked down at his scars. Willow understood and then she came close. Willow took his hand into hers once again and then kissed it. The shaking continued but lessened and Hunter's whole body went warm. "Wi-Willow-" "No matter your scars, Hunter.. You're perfect to me." She looked up into his eyes that now instead of a red hue shone a light brown thanks to Flap Jack. His cheeks were a beet red and his eyes still wide in disbelief. When she said that he started to cry even harder and quickly fell into her arms covering his face with his forearm. Willow held onto him as the two fell to the floor on their knees. She didn't say anything as she held onto him. Through his cries Hunter spoke.

"Y-You're perfect to me, too! You're perfect t-to me.." Willow felt her heart flutter as he spoke and she couldn't help but smile. "Hunter, it's all gonna be okay. We're gonna take Belos down!" She said seemingly with confidence. "And... I'm so sorry I got you hurt, I was so-" Hunter pulled away to face her. "That wasn't your fault!" It went quiet for a moment. Willow felt a bit of relief but still a bit of guilt, too. "I'm glad I did what I did.. If you would've gotten hurt.. I.. I don't know what I would do." Hunter confessed. Willow's eyes stayed on the boy. "Thank you, Hunter." She said with a sweet smile. Hunter smiled back. "But are you okay to keep walking?" She asked. "Yup, I'm good." Hunter said ignoring the throbbing pain on his back. "Alright, let's go." She said starting to walk.

The minute Hunter took another step came another sharp pain. "AH!" Hunter's legs wobbled and he fell forward onto the ground. Willow turned around quickly. "Hunter?!" She yelled running over. "I'm okay, I'm fine.. I'm fine.. I-" And within an instant Willow was carrying him. He was too stunned to speak. "I've got you." She said in a gentle voice. Hunter didn't refuse the gesture as he knew he couldn't make the walk. Hunter could barely keep his eyes open. "Don't worry, Hunter, we're going to find the others and everything will be okay." She said tearing up. She was worried now, she felt warmth seep into her hands. Blood covered them from Hunter's wound. When she realized what it was her eyes widened in panic.

She thought he'd be okay once she made an attempt at helping him but she believed that she had been useless. Hunter was slowly falling in and out of consciousness. "Hunter, I need you to stay awake, okay?" She was looking for some kind of response but Hunter wasn't giving any. "Hunter?!" She yelled but now he was out cold. "Oh no... no no no..." Willow started running trying to find the rest of the group. Finally, in the near distance was Luz who was trying to start a campfire.