You Saved Me

"HELP, LUZ, HELP!" Willow yelled through tears. Luz ran over and behind her Amity followed. "Oh no.." Amity mumbled. "HUNTER! No, w-we can fix this, we can f-fix this!" Luz yelled holding her head in panic. Amity gestured for Willow to lay Hunter down. "Quickly, I'll try healing him." Amity said. Willow placed him down onto the ground. The tears in her eyes making her vision go blurry. Hunter looked blurry. When she looked down to her hands that shook ever so violently she realized that they too appeared blurry. She blinked releasing the tears from her eyes. She looked back at Hunter who laid quietly. "Is it working, is he gonna be okay?" Willow asked anxiously.

"I don't know, I'm trying.." Amity mumbled her hands hovering over Hunter's back. A bright light emitted from her hands. Luz placed her hand on Willow's shoulder to try and comfort her. The two watched as Amity tried her best. Gus who was scavenging for wood had came back. "Hey, guys, I got a lot of.. Wood...." Gus dropped every last piece onto the ground when he saw Hunter on the ground. "W-WHAT HAPPENED?!" Gus yelled running over. Luz looked to Amity for an answer. "It was Belos, he tried to strike me but.. But Hunter saved me!" Willow yelled. "This is a-all my fault!" Willow cried wiping Hunter's blood onto the grass. "No! No, this is not on you!" Gus yelled. "It is! If I had been more vigilant, if-"

"Gus is right." Amity continued. "It's not your fault. Hunter chose to put his life on the line for you, not the other way around. It was his choice so don't blame yourself." Amity ordered. Her bright yellow eyes pierced through Willow's. Suddenly, Hunter started to cough. "HUNTER!" Luz yelled in relief. "Oh my gosh, you're okay!" Willow yelled crying. Gus took a deep breath in and out trying to rid himself of stress. Amity took a step back giving them space. "What's.. Happening?" Hunter asked once he could speak. He then faced Willow who had been sobbing. "Willow-" She quickly took him into an embrace. "I'm so glad you're okay." Willow cried into his neck. Hunter slowly placed his hands onto her back. He then smiled softly closing his eyes laying his head on her.

The group was quiet for the two. After a while Willow finally pulled away and wiped her tears. "You feeling okay, Hunter?" Luz asked. "Y-Yeah, I'm good." "Dude, we were all super worried.. Did you really take a hit for Willow?" Gus asked. "Oh.. Uh, yeah..." Hunter mumbled. "Thank you." Gus said grateful. Amity scooted forward. "You can't stretch or run around, it'll start bleeding again if you do that." Amity explained. Hunter nodded. Luz wrapped her arm around her girlfriend. "Amity just saved your life, Hunter!" She said with a cheeky smile. "Oh, thank you! Thank you so much!" Hunter repeated. "Yeah, it was no problem." Amity said with a small smile.

"If I could've done a stupid spell I could've healed you quicker..." Willow stated. Everyone else went quiet. "You wouldn't have gone through so much pain!" Willow yelled angry with herself. "W-Willow, it doesn't matter. I'm okay now, really, I'm fine." Hunter came forward reaching his hand out for her. She smacked it away. "NO! I... I almost lost you." She cried. Hunter's hand shook. He grabbed it and pushed it down. "There was nothing you could do, it wasn't your fault, Willow!" Luz tried to get through to her. "Yeah, you had no control!" Gus added. "But-" Willow tried to intervene. "No, listen to us. You did what you could, you were smart and you got him to us and you saved him. He's okay, it's over." Amity explained.

"You saved him, Amity! Not me, you d-" Hunter squeezed his eyes and placed both of his hands onto her face. Willow's eyes went wide. "Stop talking yourself down like th-this! Please, Willow!" Hunter started to cry for her. "If it weren't for you I'd be dead! You did what you could and you saved me so, please!" Hunter let go of her face and placed his hands by his side. He slowly opened his eyes after a little while to see Willow's tear stricken face and beautiful smile.

"Willow.." "Thank you, Hunter, and everyone." She said looking at everyone. "That's what we're here for, so you don't go blaming yourself for things like this." Amity said with a grin as she stood up wiping the dirt from her dress. "Now, let's go start that fire. I'm freezing!" Gus yelled hugging himself trying to warm up. Luz and Amity followed holding each others hands. Willow and Hunter watched as they walked away. Willow then faced Hunter who watched the rest of the group. Willow couldn't help but stare as the blonde innocently watched the rest of the group. She slowly placed her hand onto his chin turning his head to face her. He felt butterflies in his stomach as the two stayed frozen in time.

"Wil-Willow..?" Hunter struggled to speak, his eyes were beautiful. Willow closed her eyes and slowly moved forward. He sat still as she did and after a moment he closed his eyes melting into the kiss. The group hadn't noticed the two as they chatted amongst themselves. The two slowly pulled away and at first both of them gazed at each other, this was until Hunter placed both of his hands onto his lips. Willow thought she'd done something wrong. "Oh no, I'm sorry! I shouldn't have done that, stupid Willow, stupid stupid..." She covered her face with her hands. Hunter leaned over to take her hands from her eyes. "Willow." Hunter called softly. She looked to him embarrassed. "I.. I'm happy that you kissed me. I was just surprised." Hunter's face was a bright red. Willow felt her heart flutter. "R-Really?" Willow smiled. "Yeah." Hunter mumbled smiling.

The two looked at each other as they wondered what to do next. Willow stood up and held her hand out for him. "Put your weight on me while you get up so you don't hurt yourself." She offered. Hunter nodded taking her arm pushing himself up. "Thank you." Hunter said still holding onto her arm. Willow looked down and soon after Hunter followed where her eyes had went. He quickly let go once he realized and looked away. "OH, oh I'm sorry, I don't-" Willow had taken his hand into hers causing him to stop talking. He turned to face her. "Let's go." Willow said starting to walk to the group. "O-Okay." Hunter said holding her hand tighter than before.