part nine

elle had a huge test coming up. so she needed to study hard. she stayed up every night reading her text books and writing down notes. today was the day she had to take it.

elle brought her text books and notes, hoping it would be an open note test. but of course it was not. elle was very confident in her answers, which probably meant that they were wrong, but she didn't want to think that. she turned the test in and her professor immediately started grading it.

elle sat in her seat, bouncing her leg up and down. she was so nervous to see what her grade would be. he finally finished grading and everyone finished their tests. he passed them back. elle's test was handed out last, she quickly turned it over. 56%. a 56%?! this had to be wrong.

once class was over elle left rapidly. she wanted to get to her apartment and look over her answers. she realized that they looked right, but maybe she worded them wrong. elle was so disappointed in herself. she studied for a whole week, and still failed.

elle sat in her bed, hoping there would be extra credit. her phone suddenly buzzed, she picked it up, it was him.

-

jude 💗
hi elle
how was your day today

elle 💐
it was fine

jude 💗
are you sure?
doesn't sound like it was elle

elle 💐
okay it was terrible
i studied so hard for a test and got a 56% on it

jude 💗
oh my
did your professor mix it up?
because it's not like you to get a bad grade

elle 💐
i hope that's the reason
but i don't think so

jude 💗
when are you done with college?
i just want you to come to englanddd

elle 💐
may 16th
i know i want to come sooo bad

jude 💗
that's to far away
just finish college online

elle 💐
i wish i could jude
but my parents would actually murder me if i didn't finish this year at the campus

jude 💗
why do your parents have to be so strict??

elle 💐
i knowww
i haven't even told them anything
like about us

jude 💗
YOU HAVENT?!?
elle they are gonna kill you even more

elle 💐
i'll just tell them when i get moved out
hold up
someone's at my door

jude 💗
okay
bye elleee

-

elle heard a knock on her door, she got up to go answer it. when she opened the door she was met with a friendly smile.

"hey, i'm parker," he stuck out his hand for her to shake. "i'm from your history class, and i was told to tell you that your test scores got mixed up or something."

"actually?! oh my goodness, that's the best news i have ever heard in a while. thank you so much parker!" elle was very surprised, she thought she actually did fail.

"yeah, no problem elle. do you wanna hang out some time? you seem very nice." parker smiled.

elle was always willing to make a new friend, "of course! how about tonight? i'm not busy." elle suggested.