Part 1

Cold Opening:

Nolan and Celina are patrolling while Aaron sits in the backseat.

CELINA: Can you tell me again, why we are a team of three today?

NOLAN: I really think...

AARON: Grey thinks it's an excellent way for me to learn about the older generation doing the job every day.

CELINA: The older generation?

AARON: Yeah, you know. Life past the 40s, almost 50s. The troubles, the low points, weaknesses... (he stops, as Nolan turns and stares at him).

AARON: And all the strengths you'd need as a patrol officer or a detective. (he smirks)

CELINA: Grey thinks you're old!" (she tells Nolan and laughs).

NOLAN: It's not the first time.

CELINA: So you're here observing Nolan?

AARON: Yeah.

CELINA: And who's the older generation of a detective you're gonna ride with?

NOLAN: I think Smitty is available (sarcastically)

AARON: Smitty is not a detective.

CELINA: But he will be.

Both men flinch and turn to Celina.

NOLAN: Please tell me, this is one of your psycho-jumble hunchs. I was making a joke.

CELINA: Umm... I saw an application...

AARON: Are you making a joke? (he asks Celina)

CELINA: Umm... (she avoids and keeps focusing on the road)

STATION. DAYTIME, MID-WILSHIRE

Chen sits in the roll call room and scrolling through her phone. the message on her phone reads:" I won't be able to meet you for dinner. Call after." the message is from Bradford. Chen locks her phone and sits with a sad face until all the other officers arrive in the roll call room.

GREY: Today is a hard day for all of us. Wesley Evers is the main focus since the case against Elijah Wood fell through. Wesley is scheduled to give a new testimony to detective Harper later this afternoon, so let's make sure he gets in and out of the station safely.

WEBB: Our team is responsible for the protective detail and we need to include a couple of extra officers to make sure all the traffic in and out of the station is safe.

GREY: Lieutenant Pine has notified me that the METRO team will be making entry to a coke lab today, after weeks of investigating Elijah's brand-new business. A CI has given information about his incoming shipments, so METRO wants to keep it tight and secure. As soon as we have confirmed Elijah's location, METRO will secure the bust.

CHEN: Where is that bust taking part?

Grey walks toward Chen.

GREY: It's classified at this point, need to know bases. But as soon as all is secure, they will fill us in on the information.

Chen thinks Tim is part of the team that goes for the bust, so she opens her messages and types back: "Be safe. Grey tells Metro is busting Elijah today."

METRO, DAYTIME

Bradford hears his phone ping again but he doesn't take it from his pocket.

PINE: LAPD will be ready to react as soon as the place is secure. Bradford!

BRADFORD: Yes, ma'am.

PINE: Your team needs to head in from the back. I have a feeling we need to hit them as hard as possible.