Part 3

ANGELA'S AND WESLEY'S HOUSE, EVENING

Wesley is cleaning up the kitchen table and putting dishes in the dishwasher. You can hear Jack's laughs from far away and Wesley chuckles. Angela is in the bathtub, water up to her neck. Her head rests on a towel and Jack is playing on the bathroom floor with his toys.

WESLEY: Are you feeling better now?

ANGELA: Not really, I still feel like my stomach is pulling and pushing the intestine from one side to the other. Maybe it was something we ate?

WESLEY: I don't think so, I feel fine.

ANGELA: Maybe it's stress. Yeah, it must be stress.

WESLEY: It's not good for the baby, you know. I think we need to finally book an appointment with a therapist. You know, to get talk about things, to relieve the stress factors.

ANGELA: I know what my stress factor is and until we put this whole thing to rest, no therapist will be able to help us.

WESLEY: You're probably right, but let's just try to manage this pregnancy as easy as possible.

ANGELA: With you being overthinking and Jack's having sleep regression again, I think I will manage this one alone.

WESLEY: (he smiles awkwardly) I will put Jack to bed. If you need anything, just let me know. (they exit)

ANGELA: (shuts her eyes and relaxes. Then she feels pain and she gets out of the tub. After she put her towel around her, she notices and blood drop on her knee. She takes a towel and wipes it off. She looks scared.)

POLICE STATION, MID-WILSHIRE, MORNING

Lucy is sitting in Tim's office when Grey enters.

LUCY: Any news?

GREY: (he shakes his head). Not good ones. The firefighters who put out the fire found a body under the rubble.

LUCY: (she swallows) Is it him?

GREY: No, no. But the identity is hard to get. The hands were too damaged, so they were unable to pull any fingerprints. But the FBI is all over the evidence. And the coroner is working as fast as possible.

LUCY: Good.

GREY: (he looks around the office space and takes a seat across the table from Lucy) You know, when Tim took this office, he got all the blinds removed on the first day. Did you notice that?

LUCY: No.

GREY: Do you know why?

LUCY: No, should I?

GREY: To keep an eye on the patrolling officers. Especially you. He was protecting you from day one. When you were his rookie, it was his job to do so. But as years went by, I noticed that even when he wasn't your TO anymore, he always made sure you were protected on the street.

LUCY: I knew that.

GREY: What you didn't know is that we all knew from day one that you two were going to work well together. Bradford was supposed to be Jackson's TO, but after reading your resume, I knew it would be best if I'd pair you up with him. He was tough, sometimes cold and cocky. But you knew how to push his buttons, call him on his crap.

LUCY: Yeah, I guess

GREY: Do you remember how he was before? His greatest joy was to wipe smiles off rookie's faces. There wasn't a year when his rookies didn't quit, or wash out of their first year. There was a time I thought the best place for Tim was to assign him to the motor pool. (he laughs)

LUCY: He put me through a ringer so many times. But he taught me so much.

GREY: And Lucy, you saved him. You shifted his focus, supported him when the worst happened and protected him when he was afraid to ask. 

TIM'S LOCATION, MORNING

It's been a day and Tim is still trying to get the handcuffs off while there is no one to be seen.

TIM: C'mon (he smashes them against the table, trying to break the lock)

A man enters and Tim charges at him, but stops when the man pulls out a gun and aims at him.

GRAISON: You really shouldn't do that. (he tosses Tim some clothes in a bag). Get dressed. I will open the cuffs but one wrong move and you're done.

Tim motions to open his cuffs and when he does and the metal comes off, he rubs his sore skin.

GRAISON: Now, get dressed. We're meeting the boss in 10 minutes.

TIM: That sounds fun (sarcastically)

GRAISON: Oh, it will be.

End scene.

Tim is standing in a hallway with Graison and takes metal notes of the place he is kept in. The walls are black, ceiling white with circular lighting fixtures. Looks like an office building with modern renovation. A door opens in a hallway and a man in a white suit walks out. Elijah is just behind him and motions the guys to enter. Graison falls back and enters the room after Tim.

ELIJAH: So, I hope Graison already filled you in on the details.

TIM: He did.

ELIJAH: I typically did trust people that worked for me but not anymore. So, for us to be certain that you're doing as told, I have a small chip here (he shows a box). I love the development of technology and what I have here will revolutionize the next decade of imprisonment.

TIM: What is that?

ELIJAH: Imagine a pill, as small as a vitamin combined with electronics. (he places the pill on the table and takes out his phone. He pulls up an app and shows it to Tim). Let's say a fugitive is trying to escape. Do you know what VX is?

Tim shakes his head.

ELIJAH: It's a nerve agent, a lethal poison that kills a man in a violent way. And it works very easily. (he presses the release button on his app and the pill on the table breaks down.) We've embedded one in your neck.

Tim moves his hand to his neck, to the place that hurts the most, and feels something hard.

TIM: What sick game is this?

ELIJAH: FBI and LAPD have been tracking my movements for years. It's time for us to respond. With this technology armies around the world can have control over their soldiers, and even prisoners. There are groups of trained professionals who pay an extraordinary amount for the opportunity. To play God. One false move and technology will do the rest- eliminate the weak ones.

TIM: I will not do what you want from me.

ELIJAH: You have no other choice.

TIM: I'd rather die here on the floor than betray my friends.

ELIJAH: I thought you'd say something like this. So to make this even more time-sensitive, Graison here paid a visit to Lucy Chen's apartment and hid a little thing that goes 'boom' very loudly in 12 hours. So you're doing as told, like a military man you are, or that rookie of yours will be put in the ground forever. And this time... you will not be there to save her.