Prologue

When I was young, I was told stories of many unbelievable things that I never imagined to be true. My parents would always tell me about how they had encountered beings from another world far different from ours.

Of course, as a kid, I thought of these stories as being amazing and cool. However, as I grew up, I began to wonder more about them.

I still believe them to be true in a way, but sooner or later...I had left all of those memories, all of those stories in the very back of my mind.

I had friends and our parents had known each other since they were in high school and had lived through the same things. They too were told these stories by their parents and loved them as much as I did.

Most of them were like me. One who believes, but left them all in the past. Only one of my friends was a skeptic. She loved them because they were stories, but totally saw them as nothing but myths.

I understood why she was a skeptic, I understood why she saw them as nothing but a children's tale. Everything around her was nothing like what her parents told her. There were no beings that were like the ones in the stories; there was nothing that was strange to what they told her.

However, deep in my heart, I always had a feeling that these beings that our parents had met in their past were real. I wasn't just only told of these beings from space, I was told of my parents' story and how all of them had become friends.

As crazy as it sounds, I was told that it was because of a God and a giant from outer space that they were able to meet. They worked together, fought together, and helped each other on their journey. In the end, after all of those battles, their friendship grew even more.

As for my parents, my mother was told by the giant how my father had feelings for her. As time passed, she too began to have feelings for him. They would date for a long time and deeply fall in love with each other. After a few years, my father proposed to her and they started their life together as a married couple. Then, a couple years after that, they would have me and my little sister.

I always saw this story as one of those stories I shouldn't tell to any strangers, but it was always one that I always loved to hear. It had a great beginning, but an even wonderful ending.

A space giant that descended upon Earth to save it and its inhabitants from its God. It had asked the assistance of Earth's people to defeat God, for its power was only near to her if the people had fought alongside him. Three people, who were allies, decided to work alongside the space giant to bring down her rule. After so many battles, the space giant finally discovered that the enemy had never been God, but rather an evil being capable of manipulating her. In the end, his mission was not to only liberate this world and stop their God, but to heal it all from the pain it had been dealt.

That was the way I had interpreted their story and it was the way my parents loved it. Even my little sister who was still young and couldn't understand it, had always liked the way I told stories in my words to her.

Books, tales, stories; they were my special way of explaining most things and it was the most interesting way in my opinion. When a journey or a new chapter begins, one must know who started it, what is their goal, when will they finish it, and how will it end. It isn't just within these bundles of pages, but rather within life itself.

My father was just an ordinary student at his school. Then, one day, my father was chosen to be the host of Gridman, the Hyper Agent. When he and his allies arrived, they separated and because of that, Gridman had lost his memories, leading to my father's amnesia. He would meet my mother in her old home and she helped him on his journey to gather his memories.

His friend, Utsumi, who I knew because of his daughter who was my friend, supported him as well. He had visions of Gridman and told them to both of them, but neither of them could believe it; that is until the first kaiju appeared.

When it did, the connection between my father and Gridman sparked and together, they fought as one. As I said before, he has separated from his allies and does not have his full strength. During this battle, he had only awakened.

It wasn't Gridman's first battle, but it was definitely my father's. Of course, it wasn't him entirely, but it was still somewhat him in a way.

The kaiju was strong and had almost beaten them, but because of my mother and Mr. Utsumi, their words reached them both and powered them up, giving them the strength to end it.

After defeating that first kaiju, many more came after and many more events where the three of them grew to be known as the Gridman Alliance.

I would tell more about it, but it was long and there is probably no need to tell it. Those stories, those events had passed and were now a part of history, our history. They were the ones who told us about the hardships of life, but also how to overcome it.

When one falls into a pit of darkness, they lay there, trapped by the grasp of the shadows. It is only then a hand of light from above reaches out to save them from their own damnation. It is the light of friendship, of hope, of kindness, of life, that saves them from that darkness.

One is not alone in this world anymore, one has been forgiven of all sins and they have been taught the ways of the light once more. No need to shed tears, for they already feel your sadness; no need to hurt yourself anymore, for they already feel your pain.

When another falls, it is your duty to do the same for them. Save them from their pain and from their sorrows; save them from themselves if you must.

My parents have taught me a lot of things and I thank them for that. However, when you look behind their words, you can see how much they have gone through alone and together.

It wasn't just them, but Mr. Utsumi, Ms. Hass, Gridman, the Neon Genesis Junior High, and Mr. and Mrs. Asanaka.

If these beings were real, if they truly met each other and fought alongside each other, then they have truly grown a lot together.

Their story has ended, but ours has just begun. Today, along with my friends, we begin a new chapter, one where our lives will change.