𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 10

—•❀❀❀•—

MY NOSE crinkled up as I smelled an antiseptic, and undertones of the artificial fragrance. I opened my eyes slowly, and saw Mr. Trevino on my side sleeping and  holding my hand. His face is full of worries.

I barely moved my hand but it feels so weak. "N-ninong..." I murmured.

Kahit mahina lang ang pagsambit na ginawa ko sa kanya ay nagising siya, at kaagad akong dinaluhan.

"Thank God, you're finally awake Aria! Wait — I'll call the doctor."

After he said that, he tapped the red button above my bed. Maybe that's their way of calling the doctors or nurses here but—

"N-ninong... Am I at the hospital?" I muttered.

Mr. Trevino looked at me with sympathy. "Anak, you have been confined here for a week now..."

My eyes widened at what he said. I can't seem to mutter even a single word. Though my mind is full of questions already.

He heaved a sigh, "you were drowned while you were in your bath tub. I'm just glad that I was not yet late, and I had saved you. I t-thought I w-was late. Gosh, if that happened, I'll surely blame myself for everything." Tears are now visible in his eyes.

Mukhang sising-sisi siya dahil sa nangyari sa akin.

"B-but... I-it's not y-your fault n-ninong... Don't b-blame yourself... Please..."

He was about to answer me when a doctor and a nurse entered the room. They checked my vital signs, my eyes, and they asked me questions but only those that I can answer.

When he was done checking me, he faced Mr. Trevino. "We will run some more laboratory test to the patient to make sure that she's really out of danger. She's stable now, but we still have to continue monitoring her, and so she will still be admitted to the hospital for one more week, Mr. Trevino," the doctor explained.

Kokontra pa sana ako dahil ayaw kong manatili ng matagal sa ospital, pero tinitigan lang ako ng masama ni Mr. Trevino, kaya nanahimik na lamang ako, at mariing itinikom ang aking bibig.

"Please do everything for my inaanak to make sure that she'll fully recovered, and out of danger," he seriously stated.

The doctor smiled, "don't worry. We promise to do the best we can."