PLAYLIST

songs listened to and inspired by valerie 'the sandman' greenwood:

1. ENTER SANDMAN—METALLICA: 'never mind that noise you heard. it's just the beast under your bed, in your closet, in your head.'

2. ONLY HAPPY WHEN IT RAINS—GARBAGE: 'i'm only happy when it rains. i only smile in the dark. my only comfort is the night gone black.'

3. WAR OF HEARTS—RUELLE: 'come to me in the night hours. i will wait for you. and i can't sleep 'cause thoughts devour. thoughts of you consume.'

4. HOLY DIVER—DIO: 'you can see [her] heart but you know [she's] mean.'

5. BACK IN BLACK—AC/DC: 'they've got to catch me if they want me to hang.'

6. IT WILL COME BACK—HOZIER: 'don't let me in with no intention to keep me. jesus christ, don't be kind to me. honey, don't feed me. i will come back.'

7. COSMIC LOVE—FLORENCE + THE MACHINE: 'and in the dark, i can hear your heartbeat.'

8. ONCE UPON A DREAM—LANA DEL REY: 'i know you. i walked with you once upon a dream.'

9. CAROLINA—HARRY STYLES: 'how would i tell her that she's all i think about? well, i guess she just found out.'

10. VALERIE—MARK RONSON FT. AMY WINEHOUSE: 'won't you come  on over? stop making a fool out of me. why don't you come on over, valerie?'

11. BREAKFAST—DOVE CAMERON: 'i eat boys like you for breakfast, and i know that you tried your bestest. i never said it's right, but i'm gonna keep doing it.'

12. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE ME?—ABBA: 'falling in love with a woman like you happens so quickly, there's nothing to do. it's only natural, but why did it have to be me?'

12. DREAMS—FLEETWOOD MAC: 'but it's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams.'

13. RIBS—LORDE: 'this dream isn't feeling sweet. we're reeling through the midnight streets, and i've never felt more alone.'

14. TEENAGERS—MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE: 'the boys and girls in the clique, the awful names that they stick, you're never gonna fit in much, kid.'

15. IN THE NIGHT—THE WEEKND: 'in the night, she hears him calling. in the night, she's dancing to relieve the pain.'

16. HEART OUT—THE 1975: 'it's just you and i tonight. why don't you figure my heart out?'

17. EIGHT—SLEEPING AT LAST: 'here's a map, here's a shovel, here's my achilles' heel. i'm all in, palms out. i'm at your mercy now and i'm ready to begin. i am strong, i am strong, i am strong enough to let you in.'

18. GIRLS AGAINST GOD—FLORENCE + THE MACHINE: 'and i know that i may not look like much, just another screaming speck of dust, but, oh god, you're gonna get it... i met the devil. you know, he gave me a choice—a golden heart or a golden voice.'

𝟏𝟗. END GAME—TAYLOR SWIFT: 'big reputation, big reputation. oh, you and me, we got big reputations. ah, and you heard about me. ooh, i got some big enemies.'