Basil Obtains the Knowledge of Time

Basil did not awaken in the comfort of his bedroom.

Instead, he awoke upon a mediocre sofa in the middle of Ikea.

Great, just great.

Basil pushed himself up and rubbed at his eyes. God, so this really wasn't just a dream? He really was stuck in Ikea. Basil was stuck in the middle of a furniture store, all alone. How absurd! How extremely outrageous. If Basil weren't so concerned right now, he would have laughed. He would laugh at how absolutely stupid this whole situation is. But alas, this is his reality.

The anxious blond glanced around the enormous building for any hint that suggested what time it was. After all, that crying session took a lot out of him, and he wasn't sure how long he had slept for. Perhaps he could look for a clock. Yes, a clock. That would be very helpful seeing as he can't really take a look outside right now.

Alright, Basil, new goal: find a clock. That shouldn't be too hard! This is a furniture store, and furniture stores sell... you guessed it! Furniture. Clocks are indeed furniture items. This shouldn't be hard at all.

Basil sat up from the sofa he had previously been resting on and brushed himself off. Polly usually told him to refrain from touching things when shopping because other people put their hands on them, and Basil didn't want to get sick, now did he? Nope. So, taking Polly's words to heart, Basil cleaned himself up the best he could.

Okay, enough thinking. Basil should really get going now. But, erm, where? Obviously he needed to find a furniture display with a clock, but he wasn't sure where that would be. If Basil remembers correctly, clocks aren't usually bound to one area of the house. You can hang them around about anywhere, so this might be difficult or effortless depending on where he is.

Alright, time to find that clock. Basil could feel the worry build up in his stomach, but tried his best to ignore it. He should try to be a bit quick about this as he didn't want to waste too much time. There didn't seem to be any other life forms besides him, but it never hurts to be too sure. With everything that's happened already, something that could potentially hurt him wandering around in here doesn't sound too unrealistic. Maybe he should try to stay quiet while searching for his goal; who knows what strange things might hear him in this place.

After a bit of wary exploring, Basil had found the fruit of his labor; a clock! A small, fancy clock that reflected his fatigued features back to him through it's pitch-black coloring. Although it took longer than he had anticipated, Basil wasn't complaining. He was just relieved that he had a connection to the world outside of this bizarre store. His pleasant relief was quickly overrun by surprise once he looked down to read what the clock had revealed.

In beautifully printed black letters, the time 11:27 skipped into the windows of Basil's soul and invited itself in without warning. 11:27... just how long had Basil slept? Certainly not long since Basil didn't usually sleep very long after a good cry. That time must have been taken up by the countless minutes that the blond had spent roaming around the corridors of Ikea.

Well, now that Basil's time conundrum was solved, what now? Nothing would change if he were to just stay here in one place. As much as Basil hoped it would, he was doubtful that help would be coming for him. The most people would do is put up missing person posters, but Basil didn't really know anyone besides his family and kinda-sorta-friends. Would they even be able to reach him in here? It was very obvious that this was no normal Ikea...

Though Basil wasn't very eager to, he concluded that the best decision would be to aimlessly roam around till he found at least something that suggested what was going on. The blond glanced down at the clock in his hands and began to wonder where he would store it. It was a small clock, about the side of his hand. It wouldn't be too bothersome to carry around. Perhaps Basil would find a bag or something that he could store it in later on.

If only his friends were here... Kel would probably lighten up the situation, continuously cracking jokes about it and easing any anxiety that his friends would certainly feel in the moment. If anyone started to lose hope, he'd be there to cheer them on and give them a reason to keep going.

Aubrey could scare off any potential dangers. After having to endure the results of her pent up feelings for years, Basil knows very well how she can be when threatened. But that's in the past now! Aubrey has been nice to him recently... which is a little hard to get used to, but he know's that she's trying her best.

Sunny would probably come up with super useful plans and ideas. He's always been a really imaginative person, which would help the group out immensely. Although he was a bit reserved after coming out of his house and interacting with everyone for the first time in years, he's gradually warmed up to everyone again.

Being the only adult in the group, Hero would most likely be of much help. With his expertise in cooking, Hero would make sure that everyone stays well fed during rough times. He'd also know how to treat anyone if they got hurt! A kind and strong caretaker like Hero is just what the group would need.

Although thinking of everyone made Basil smile, the reality of his situation weighed in, and the loneliness of it all struck him. His friends weren't here.

With the clock in one hand and an exasperated expression on his face, Basil began to trek through the untamed lands of Ikea. Kitchen set after kitchen set, and bedroom setup after bedroom setup, Basil proceeded with caution. Clutching the black clock at his side, he walked on, daydreaming about the possible answers he may find in front of him. Only a few more steps, perhaps, or maybe a few more turns here and there. Basil knew there had to be some sort of exit to this repetitive place, and no matter what it took, he would find it.