10 - Long Live the Queen

We were chained up in silence and i was waiting for the perfect moment to break us out. Asami and Korra kept glancing at me then looking away.

"Okay fine, what do you want to know?"

"When did you leave?"

"5 years ago when I was 12."

"Why?"

"Because my mom's a bitch and I never had the spotlight."

"Why'd you stop bending?"

"Because I never wanted to think about my old life again, but now that's not happening."

"Who was the first to know?"

"Lin."

"Did you tell her or..?"

"She found out I was an earthbender at Bolin's premier because he was about to get killed by a waterbender so I knocked the fucker out, and I told her I was a Beifong."

Asami started tugging on her chains.

"What is this?"

"One sec." She ripped the railing clean off the wall and hopped over it. "Now that's just poor workmanship. Give me 5 minutes then call out for help."

She pried a tile off the floor and climbed through it. I counted five minutes before I started yelling.

"HELP SOMETHING HAPPENED TO OUR FRIEND!"

The guard opened the latch.

"Where is she-?" He got knocked out by Asami who had snagged his keys. I snapped my cuffs in half and she unlocked Korra from her straight jacket thing. We ran up to the control room and Korra absolutely violated those controls, knocking the pilots into them.

"I think you broke it."

"Yeah kinda picked up on that."

We crash landed into a sand dune and I stepped out. I collapsed on the sand, huge mistake by the way, and stood up at the shear burning, SAND DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE THAT HOT.

"I can get you two to metal-bend the propellers back in place but we're gonna need to dig this thing out of the sand. Can you sand bend by any chance?" Asami asked.

"Can't be that hard." I tried bending the sand but surprise surprise the bitch wouldn't move.

The rest of the crew walked out.

"Everyone off the airship! I have and Idea!"

"Oh no a wildcard idea is never a good idea."

A crew member looked at Asami.

"Wildcard?"

"That's what we call her."

Everyone got off the airship and I took a stance in the sand. I lifted my arms in a raising motion and the airship rose slightly, sand pouring out of it. I shifted it to the side and put it down. 

"Piece of cake."

"That look like it hurt?"

"It did I am in incredible pain."

"Am I on cactus juice or is that sand dune moving?"

"Nope it's moving but I am most definitely on cactus juice."

We fixed up the airship and got it in the air again. The engine started up and then immediately got gobbled by a sand shark.

"It's okay, another ship will be here in a few hours."

"Uh uh! I am NOT waiting around to be eaten like a five course meal!"

"We don't have to! We could make a sand sailer."

"This is why we rely on you!"

We kicked a few pieces of scrap metal together to make a sand sailer and we were off. The sand shark kept chasing us.

"SHIT BONQUISHA IS ON THE MOVE I REPEAT BONQUISHA IS ON THE MOVE!"

"Bonquisha?"

"Yeah I named it."

"You gotta stop finding random animals and naming them."

"HEY! Leave Briar out of this!"

"Who the hell is Briar?"

"My magic airbending eagle-dog NOW MOVE!"

We lost Bonquisha sand shark and made it through the desert. We landed in the Misty Palms Oasis.

Briar attacked me with dog kisses and I scratched behind her ear.

"Aww did you not think we were coming back?"

We went into a tavern and saw Lin, Tonraq and Lord Zuko. I had met him when I was young because of my grandma, that was an interesting encounter. Korra went up and hugged her dad while Lin hugged me.

"Thanks for ditching me back at Zaofu."

"I was outta there as soon as possible."

"Oh yeah by the way the queen died."

"Oh shit she finally tapped out?"

"No Zaheer killed her."

"Oh damn."

"I'm afraid that's only the beginning."