Chapter 144

"izuku!"

he just laughs and takes his hands out his pockets before spreading his arms open. you run full speed before jumping on him, immediately wrapping your arms and legs around him and stuffing your face into the crook of his neck.

"my girl is amazing at everything she does." his muffled voice makes you smile wider than you ever have before. "you did great my love."

that's when you pull your head back and immediately kiss him. he has no obligations in returning that kiss. you both ignore the jeering and whistling of your idiotic classmates.

and he feels his heart stop. now that he knows he's in love with you, every single moment just makes sense to him.

"get a room!" sero yells before bursting into laughter.

"izuku she smiled..did you see?" you ask with tears in your eyes.

"i did. i did, y/n." izuku smiles with tears in his eyes as well.

you put your foreheads together and that's when izuku spins you around. you don't think you've ever held him this right and vice versa. again, your classmates cheer and go back to celebrating but when hearing a camera click, you and izuku snap your heads to shoto who looks at his phone before giving you two a thumbs up, a soft, adorable smile on his face.

like a scene in a movie, the moment slowly faded into a mere picture in a frame. it was protected by the glass, and the picture turned slightly disoriented when a single tear fell on it.

one drop turned into two, and suddenly the picture was slammed down onto your desk with the supporting piece up facing the wall. your hand was shaking as it put force on the picture frame. the room was quiet, light from the outside world streaming in like the air conditioning.

you could only hear your uneven breathing.

swallowing your saliva, a small pant left your mouth as you continued to silently cry. your eyes hurt more than ever, as did a lot of parts in your body, but none of it compared to the pain in your heart. it was cheesy, but that was all yours and his relationship ever was.

but as your eyes drew to the side to stare at the stray jewelry on the floor, you knew that was no longer the case.

monday night was no more, and it was tuesday morning. your alarm clock went off loudly, startling you as you flinched. the annoying sound repeated on and on going in one ear and out the other, but you made no attempt to turn it off.

you hadn't slept at all.

there wasn't anything going on in your mind other than the events of last night. every time it came up your stomach turned like you were gonna throw up. it felt like it would've been better if you had just died. the feeling was indescribable, yet everyone knows what feeling it is. there wasn't any way to get rid of it; you just had to deal with it and the acceptance that it was over. izuku broke up with you.

he broke up with you. it was done. said and done and over. you were single. you no longer had a boyfriend. how did you manage to lose your best friend and boyfriend in one sitting? the one you went to the most, relied on the most, did everything with. your other half. your partner in crime.

and now it was all done. it was over. just saying it and thinking it made you fall to your knees all over again. as you continued to sob with your shaky hand covering your mouth, you couldn't believe it. you couldn't wrap your head around it.

around reality.

'this is what my life has come down to, huh?' how it could go from bad to just the fucking worse. with a flip of a switch you truly were at rock bottom. what did you even do now? you were at a lost for what your next move was. just as you thought you were done being sad over your dad, izuku had to come in and throw the biggest curveball at you and strike you right in the heart. right where you were hurting most.