chapter twelve

ELEANOR POV

'i know i looked confident, but i was profusely sweating everywhere. i tried to bring my emotional support lizard, but drea said no.'

as eleanor walked into the house, max kissed her on the cheek and asked if she wanted champagne. she said yes, and they continued walking.

"i'll introduce you to some friend, okay? these are some really good people. yo!" max said, as he walked eleanor up to his friends.

ELEANOR POV

"kids, this is eleanor!" max introduced me, as we walked up to his friends. i said hi, and they said hi. we had a tiny conversation, until i sat down with them.

Y/N POV

drea was at the beach while i was playing in the sand, making a sand castle, because why not! i had built everything except for putting water in the mote. "hey, dre, can you watch my castle real quick, please?" i asked her. "yeah, sure, n/n! go ahead!" she answered. after she said that i saw russ walk up to her and talk, but i didn't pay it any attention. i got the water out of a pail i had and put the water in. a couple kids asked if i could make theirs, and i said yes. "hey, y/n we gotta go!" drea shouted at me. "okay! sorry guys, i'll build them another time." i said, and told the children surrounding my sand castle. "don't worry though! y'all can destroy it and make your own!" i said, walking off.

"so, what's up?" i said. "okay, so, i need you to go to max's house and go to the party. i know you're still sorta friends with all of them, but that's okay! you go and watch eleanor and don't let her notice you! if she just so happens to walk in, freestyle it! okay?" drea explained to me. "...okay?" i said, and headed off to max's house.

i watched eleanor from afar for about 15-20 minutes, then ended up in the kitchen. i didn't hear eleanor walk in until she spoke up. "what are you doing here?" she said. "oh no. sorry nellie, i wanted to come to the party, i asked drea and she said it was okay! but hey though!" i said to her. "so.. max is like you're ex best friend but still kind of friend?" "unfortunately." "you neglected to mention that on you're amazing tour."

"oh, i prefer playfully omitted." i said. "you know, my kinda friend gabbi thinks you're really cool, and her words not mine, but she said 'hey, (bad nickname), can you tell that new girl eleanor that her new look is kind of cool?' and so i did that, and here we are." i explained. "yeah.. you don't like it?" she said. "she doesn't really think so, but i think it's hot." i said, looking into her eyes. "enjoy the cool kids!!!" i said, walking away.

'i'm telling you, y/n is really something else.'

—————

hey guys!! sorry i haven't updated in so long, i've had absolutely no motivation to write. also, i got miss hannigan at my schools production of annie!! i'm so excited.

have a fantastic day/night everybody!!

-vinndeisel