𝟐 「 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 」 𝟖

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑, Seraphina couldn't help but giggle as she watched the bottom of the dress twirl and wiz as she did a small spin.

Her giggles were quickly matched with her Mother's as she watched her daughter have so much fun in a dress she used to love to wear, she'd even met a man that had become like her best friend in that dress.

The two have amazing fun running through the city together, she even helped him turn over a new leaf, or at least that's what she called it when he stopped killing his victims.

That was until he completely vanished one day in 1953, Sophia just thought the man had decided to leave their fun adventures behind, but for him to disappear so abruptly did hurt her.

The two were best friends, they practically did everything together, where she made him more responsible and caring, and he made her more outgoing and willing to do new things.

Thinking about her old friend, the expression on Sophia's face was slowly falling as her eyes moved from her daughter to the dress, then to the ground.

That was until the sound of the doorbell, broke her from her thoughts, causing her to lightly jump from her spot on Seraphina's bed.

Seraphina quickly turned towards the door with a large smile on her face, Stefan was here and ready to take her to the Founder's Party.

"Looks like your boy is here," Sophia said with a small teasing smile on her face, watching as her daughter began to blush. "I'll go let him in, you come down in a few minutes so we can get that look of shock on his face."

"Okay." Seraphina said excitedly although deep down she was nervous to go to this thing with Stefan, usually, she would just go with Bonnie, Elena, Caroline, Caroline's boyfriend of the week, and Matt.

But ever since the little fight she had with Bonnie and Elena, Caroline being too obsessed with her new non-age-appropriate boyfriend, and Matt barely even talking to her these days unless something bad happened.

Stefan was the only person she had in her corner to go with to these things, so as she watched her Mom head down the stairs, Seraphina attempted to calm down her heart.

It beat way too quickly as she examined herself in the mirror, making sure every little detail about her dress, hair, makeup, and everything else was perfect.

At least that was until her eyes landed on the necklace she had on, before they moved on to her bracelet given to her by her Mom.....from her Dad.

"Give me strength." She mumbled to herself as she hesitantly rose her hand to the bracelet giving it a small run over with her thumb, causing her once again to feel warmth, comfort.

Almost as if it had heard her, or rather her Father on the other side of the bracelet could feel how nervous she was, the bracelet began to give off a soft shimmer.

A sudden feeling of warmth started to come over Seraphina, it calming down her pulsing heartbeat and causing her to feel a bit more relaxed due to the new feeling.

Taking one more glance at her dress, a soft smile came over Seraphina's face before she was quick to make her way downstairs, hoping her Mom hadn't scared Stefan to death with a few of her baby pictures.

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐌, Stefan did his best to be respectful and nice as he waited on his gorgeous, smart, and gentle girlfriend to finally come walking down the stairs.

It was only a few seconds later as his keen ears picked up on her heels clacking against the stairs, despite the sound being so light and soft he still was able to pick up.

Although as he turned towards the stairs, he didn't notice Sophia looking at him with a knowing gaze, she'd noticed the small signs on his face that showed he could hear Seraphina coming.

Even if she hadn't picked up the subtle changes on his face, the moment he'd stepped in her house a few weeks ago late at night after he'd upset Seraphina.

She'd known he was there and did her best not to disrupt them she used that time to slip into the secret room she had behind the bookcase.

Nonetheless, she knew Stefan was there, she knew he wasn't normal, she knew her daughter was growing to love him, and she knew she wouldn't stop her from falling in love.

"Jesus." Stefan breathed as he watched her walk down the final few steps, his eyes not leaving her face and dress,

He was completely entranced as he watched her walk down the stairs, she was a wonder to behold, there was no one he would be able to take his eyes off of her the entire night.

"You like?" Seraphina asked with a gentle smile on her face as she ran her hands down the side of the white short dress, she genuinely loved how much boob she was showing.

She was a major advocate of body positivity.

"I love." Stefan said lowly as he took a step towards her, completely star-struck as he looked her in her eyes and watched a light blush come over her face.

His eyes trailed down from her cheeks, to her neck, to her chest where they landed on the necklace he'd given her, but as he did so his hand came up to grasp her own, which is when he noticed the bracelet.

"This is new?" Stefan asked as he rose his hand and grazed the smaller silver bracelet around her wrist, he found it gave off an slightly odd shimmer, but it was beautiful none the less.

"Oh," Seraphina said as she rose her hand again, twisting it around so they could see all of it, including the beautiful gem. "my mom gave it to me, it's from my Dad."

"She di-" Stefan attempted to ask as he looked around for Sophia Denoire but was shocked as she had disappeared. "where'd she go?"

Hearing his question and noticing his Mom had vanished, Seraphina only giggled and rolled her eyes before pulling the boy toward the door.

"She likes to leave rooms when she's not a part of the conversation," Seraphina filled him in as she moved to stand in front of the door, the smile never leaving her face. "give her a second she'll be back to take pictures."

"How do you know?" Stefan asked with an amused look on his face, he liked how cute their family dynamic was, especially compared to his own.

"She always does," Seraphina answered rolling her eyes, this wasn't her first time going to some type of event that required a date. "trust me."

The two paused for a second as they looked at each other, their eyes not leaving the other as they fell into a comfortable silence.

"I've got the camera," Sophia exclaimed happily as she rushed back into the room, her sudden entrance not shocking or stopping either of them from gazing at each other. "pictures, pictures, I need pictures."

"Told you." Seraphina spoke jokingly before turning towards her Mom, to take around 100 pictures before the woman would let them out of the door.

"Yes, you did." Stefan spoke as he hesitated to turn towards the door, his eyes still on Seraphina's face even if she didn't know he was.