𝟐 「 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 」 𝟗

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄, Seraphina Denoire was quick to wave over to the Mayor who she'd met a few times at a few different functions.

"Good afternoon, Mayor Lockwood." Seraphina spoke to the man with a small smile on her face, hearing his name the Mayor was quick to walk over to them.

The man watched the girl grow up and was stunned as he walked over, Seraphina was a sight to behold as she stood at the door.

The light hit her back at the most amazing position, causing a soft halo to come over her head, the white of her dress lightening causing her to look like an angel.

Honestly, the man nearly had a heart attack just looking at her.

"Little Seraphina," Mayor Lockwood spoke in shock holding his chest as he walked over to them, stopping them at the door before Seraphina could walk in. "as I leave in breathe."

"It's very nice to see you again." Seraphina said with a small giggle as she was used to the man's reaction to seeing her, he was her very own confidence boost.

"You too," Mayor Lockwood said letting out a little chuckle as he noticed the soft smile on her face before he realized he was holding them up. "well don't just stand there you two, come on in."

"Thank you," Seraphina said once again as the two stepped over the boundary of the house, neither the Mayor nor Seraphina noticing the relieved look on Stefan's face. "this is my boyfriend Stefan by the way."

"Stefan, very nice to meet you," Mayor Lockwood said as he held out his hand, quick to shake Stefan's hand in respect for Seraphina. "I want you two to have fun now."

"We will sir." Stefan said nodding his head as the two let go of each other's hand before the man walked off to do other mayor-ly things.

∴ ════ ∴ ❈ ∴ ════ ∴

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐓 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄, Seraphina couldn't help but marvel at the piece as she twirled her necklace.

She was completely transfixed by its beauty, but somehow no matter how she thought of it she knew that if given a chance she would never trade her own for it.

Seeing his girl staring down at the necklace, Stefan softly walked up behind her gliding his hand down her back to let her know that he was there.

Before he started looking at the necklace himself, his eyes quickly landed on the small note card above the necklace '𝑶𝒏 𝑳𝒐𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚'.

"I didn't know you're family was a part of the founding families." He spoke in confusion as he looked at the note, before glancing over to his girl.

"Probably because we aren't." Seraphina giggled with a small shrug, rolling her eyes and shaking her head at the beautiful necklace and the note card.

"Then the necklace is?" Stefan asked without many words, pointing over towards the necklace and note as he looked at Seraphina with his eyebrows furrowed.

"I told you my Mom pays for a few things in town," Seraphina shrugged softly as she looked down at the necklace, a small snort leaving her mouth. "we're like an honorary founding family."