𝟑 「 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 」 𝟎

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃, Seraphina's eyes glanced over to Stefan who was already looking at her.

The vampire teen's eyes filled with both hesitance and annoyance, he didn't want to dance with Caroline, he'd only truly come for Seraphina.

"No hard feelings Carebear, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with that." Seraphina shook her head as she said no, her grip tightening on Stefan's waist.

The girl moved more into his embrace, gently placing her hand on his chest possessively pulling him closer to her.

"It's just one little dance," Caroline continued to try and persuade Seraphina, a scoff coming from her lips although her face remained soft and joking. "come on."

Hearing Caroline continue about it, Seraphina's eyebrows furrowed as she grew more confused about why Caroline was acting this way.

Usually, the girl would back down with Seraphina, she never tended to take her words too far, but recently that matter seemed to change.

Ever since Stefan and Damon showed up.

"Uhm-" Seraphina said finding it awkward to turn the girl down again, only looking over at Stefan to decline for her.

"I-uh-I don't really dance." Stefan told the girl letting out a soft chuckle, causing Seraphina to turn back with a satisfied look on her face.

"Oh sure you do," Damon was quick to rejoin the conversation, his eyes on Stefan as he spoke out slightly with a slight smirk. "you should see him, waltz, the jitterbug, the moonwalk."

"See a little dancing would do you good," Caroline spoke in time with Damon, drawing Seraphina's attention but Stefan continued to glare at his brother. "you wouldn't mind, would you, Phina?"

"I-uhm-I-" Seraphina tried to deny the girl again, thinking of anything to say to make Caroline and Damon go away, but she was cut off before she could.

"Well sorry, but I'm not going to take no for an answer." Caroline interrupted her as she quickly reached forwards, grabbing a hold of Stefan's other wrist.

The Blonde was quick to pull him away and towards the other room where everyone was dancing and twirling the night away.

And she did this all before Seraphina could deny or react, the girl just left standing there annoyed as Caroline led Stefan to dance.

"Well, I guess you're stuck with me." Damon said causing Seraphina to remember his presence, the girl was quick to stand back up straight, but she couldn't hide the annoyance on her face.

"I suppose so." Seraphina said trying to put some happiness in her voice, although her face quickly gave away her emotions.

Although her expression swiftly switched from annoyance, to surprise and confusion, Damon quickly jutted his elbow out and turned towards the way Caroline dragged Stefan off to.

The girl was only able to look forwards with a slightly agitated with her head held high, she didn't want everyone to wonder why she looked that way.

Even as the two began to dance around on the ballroom floor.

"I want-I want to apologize to you for being such a world-class jerk the other night when I suggested that about you and Caroline's friendship," Damon slightly stuttered out a fake apology, although the look on his face and his tone seemed sincere. "I know nothing about it."

"Good," Seraphina replied calmly as she continued to hold her head as the two danced, not even throwing a glance at Damon out of spite. "you know nothing about our friendship."

Seeing the girl not as accepting of his apology as she was speaking to be, Damon could only furrow his eyebrows for a second before he thought up another way to get closer to the girl.

"That's right and I have no excuse," Damon sighed in agreement, trying to earn sympathy points as he lied to the girl's face. "my therapist says I'm-uhm acting out trying to punish Stefan."

Hearing him speak of punishing Stefan, Seraphina's eyes were quick to meet Damon's as her head snapped around so she could look him in the face.

An easily noticed mix between a frown and a pout on her face as she looked at the amused and slightly shocked man.

"Well you should stop it," Seraphina said honestly in defense of her man, the girl just about glaring up at Damon. "Stefan isn't a bad person, let alone someone who deserves to be punished."

With that, the girl went back to looking away from the man as she let her words settle in, at least that was until she began to feel guilty over her words.

She didn't mean to be so harsh to the guy, she wasn't to be friends with Stefan's family, not to be hostile and angry towards them, especially his older brother.

"Look I-I know just like you don't know much bout Caroline and I's friends ship, I don't know about you and Stefan's, but," Seraphina spoke to the man again, trying to get him to understand her words as she looked up at him with innocent eyes. "but from what I have seen, whenever you're around, Stefan gets so closed off."

Once again Seraphina paused as she looked over at Stefan who was awkwardly dancing around with Caroline, her mind replaying all the looks of fear, disdain, annoyance, and anger, Stefan's face would elude when Damon was around.

"He shuts down at the literal sound of your voice," Seraphina continued to tell the stunned Damon, the two long since having stopped dancing only standing in the middle of the ballroom floor. "I don't know how long you've been punishing him, but to me, it seems like he's gotten the message loud and clear."

Looking down at Seraphina with a slightly stunned expression, Damon could feel himself slightly doubting his plan to give Stefan an eternity in Hell.

But just a few words from a pouting soft-spoken girl weren't going to fully change his mind.

"You don't even know what he did and yet you take up for him like this." Damon spoke softly with a small hint of sadness in his tone, with everything his brother had done, he still managed to get a girl so genuine.

Just like himself, Stefan had killed, maimed and tortured, and yet he had managed to get a girl like Seraphina to somehow fall in love with him.

Damon would never admit it, but he was jealous of his little brother over his even littler girlfriend.

"I don't have to," Seraphina continued to take up for Stefan with a determined look on her face, as she looked up at Damon through her eyelashes. "there isn't much he could have done that will offset me from being with him."

Hearing this Damon clenched his jaw a few times, his jealousy leading him to take the girl's words as a challenge.

Maybe it was just puppy love, maybe she just needed the right incentive to live his baby brother alone, Damon was now even more determined to find out what would make her leave.

"Alright, but let's just say that the men in the Salvatore family have been cursed with sibling rivalry," Damon continued to try and break the girl, before motioning over to the room that they had come out of. "goes back to the original Salvatore Brothers."