𝟑 「 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐀𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 」 𝟏

𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃
𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐂, Seraphina couldn't help but roll her eyes and shake her head as she took a step away from the older man.

Stopping both of their movements as she crossed her arms, the two once again simply stood in the middle of the dance floor whilst others danced all around them.

"Damon, I already told you I don't want to hear it." Seraphina said as she crossed her arms over her chest, the girl giving Damon a blank look as she grew more annoyed.

"It's just a little history lesson," Damon commented smoothly before he noticed the look on Seraphina's face not fading one bit. "it means we won't have to dance anymore, come on."

With that Damon took a few steps back towards the door leading away from the ballroom, whilst holding out his hand for Seraphina to grab.

"Fine, Damon," Seraphina said rolling her eyes once again, but not taking his hand only moving passed him towards the door. "but I swear if you insult Stefan at al-"

"No promises." Damon interrupted her smirking as his steps sped up to be more intoned with the girl, believing he had her just where he wanted her.

"Why did I agree to this?" Seraphina asked rhetorically with a low groan, the moment they started exiting the ballroom she'd begun to regret her decision.

"Because I'm irresistible," Damon gloated happily as he practically skipped alongside her, he was honestly so excited for another aspect of his plan to come together. "now the Salvatore name was practically royalty in this town, way back when, until the war and the battle-"

"Yeah the Battle of Willow Creek," Seraphina interrupted him with a nod of her head before she noticed the curious yet slightly amused look Damon was giving her. "we've talked about it in History class."

"Well then right you are little Sera," Damon said reaching up to slightly ruffle the girl's hair, a smirk growing on his face as Seraphina slapped his hand away from her. "another point for poorly funded public schools."

With a rub of his hand that had been hit, Damon turned around to continue their conversation as they looked over the large registry from 100 years ago.

"We learned that Confederate soldiers fired on a church with people inside, civilians." Seraphina continued to explain what Stefan had told their teacher, Mr. Tanner in class, a hint of sadness to her tone.

"Okay, now what the history books left out was those people, the ones that were killed," Damon explained the partial truth behind what happened all those years ago, "they weren't in there by accident, they were believed to be union sympathizers."

Looking over at Damon, Seraphina watched his face as he told his tale without looking over at her, she wanted the pain and strife to strike over his face as he spoke softly.

"So some of the founders on the confederacy side back then wanted them rounded up and burned alive," Damon continued to reminisce on the past, the man taking a moment to glance over at Seraphina, his facial expression unchanged. "Stefan and Damon had someone they loved very much in that church, and when they went to rescue them, they were shot; murdered in cold blood."

"You say as if it was you that got shot and killed back then," Seraphina stated lowly seeing that the subject was touchy, but she couldn't understand why. "who was in the Church, that they wanted to save?"

"He had my name so when I first read about it, it kind of felt like it was me," Damon quickly came up with an excuse as he let out a small chuckle before he went back to not so hidden agenda. "there was a woman in there, doesn't just always come down to the love of a woman?"

Hearing his words, an amused small smile came over Seraphina's face before a small chuckle left those same lips, she knew Damon would find a way to work his and Stefan's ex back into the conversation.

"And now we circle back to you and Stefan's ex," Seraphina chuckled as she used her finger to motion in a circle, he hadn't thought he'd even last this long. "love how you brought that back around again."

Eyes quickly widening, Damon hadn't expected the young woman to catch on so fast, honestly, he was hoping he could steer the conversation where he wanted it.

"I didn't-" Damon attempted to lie smoothly, but he was only quieted down by Seraphina raising her hand abruptly in his face.

"Look, Damon, like I said earlier you're problem with Stefan and your ex, isn't any of my business," Seraphina said sincerely she didn't want to be pulled into their family drama, especially not as she was just starting to getting to know Stefan. "I just hope you two can work it out, I know Stefan would love to have even a tiny actual bond with you."

Quickly taking in the emotions on Seraphina's face, Damon quickly realized that at their current point of knowing each other, there was no way Seraphina would listen to him.

She'd already entered the puppy dog stage with Stefan and the girl looked very possessive of Stefan already, so to Damon there was no reason to keep on trying to fracture the girl.

"I think we can work out something," Damon said softly as he feigned sad about the whole situation before he turned back towards the door they'd come in. "I just need him to be on the same page as me on one thing, but you don't have to hear about it."

Throwing a small seductive smirk down at Seraphina, being the flirtatious man he was, Damon raised his arm for Seraphina to latch on for them to walk together.

"Let's go." Damon spoke as he looked at her, although this trick didn't work that didn't mean that next time another one wouldn't.

Giving the man an up-and-down look filled with hesitance, before she slowly wrapped her arm around his, turning forwards and letting Damon lead them back into the main room.