% . . . 6¹

now playing:ㅤOMGㅤ ılllı
ㅤㅤ ㅤ newjeans
0:00 ─●──────── -0:00
ㅤ⇆ㅤ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ㅤ ↻
ㅤㅤㅤ ☰ queue

"minji," "yeah," she replied, face illuminated with the brightness of the device's display, not lifting her head from whatever she was indulged in. "do you plan on going to the event?"

"what event?" she queries, eyes still glued onto the screen in peak concentration. You huff and stare at your friend and slam your hands on the table she slouched on, marking her yelp and sit up straight. "the event beomgyu's holding,"

And for the first time since you began your little conversation with her, feeling as though you were invading her personal session with her handy dandy little phone, she gazes at you with intention. "how cute, you think it's an event?"

You nod aloof of her inquisitive response and wind back taking your hands off the table, curiosity bubbling in you, "if not an event, what is it? he invited me during chemistry, i said id think about it,"

"he invited you— personally?!" "yeah," you address casually, not sure what minji was twisting a normal interaction into. "do you even know what that means, yn?"

"of course not! not if you're going to beat around the bush and keep me in the dark!" you burst, inquisitively jumping the gun and getting riled up to suit into the truth that got stuck in her throat.

"geez, sorry man," she pauses, blinking back and continuing, "for starters, it's a party and most importantly, he only sends messages as invites,"

"but he invited me today during chemistry..." "need i remind you who exactly choi beomgyu is,"

You deny and piece the parts together, "so the dudes interested," "mhm and this is a sign for your lonely ass to get out there and have fun, instead of solitary,"

You plop down in the empty chair beside her, "but i got my sights set on someone," you mumble loud enough for minji to hear you and she does, clinging onto you with a jolt. Your hand now in a tight grasp she begins to bombard you with questions yet you ignore them and grin mischievously.

"who is he?!"

"i've some business to tend to, bye minjiii" you drawl and hop off your seat and walk towards the door, leaving somewhat satisfied with minji's enthusiasm and her dying to know expression painted all over her face.

After your narrow escape from minji, you return to the room for an extended practice of a small event you and your groupmates plus niki and his friends were collaborating in. It was in your best interests to avoid and dodge every question minji threw at you.

"are you really going to go?" minji shoots, with furrowed eyebrows and the look of pure curiosity, and that was right where you wanted her. Niki perked up and began listening in attentively while sunoo gave a rundown of what happened to his friend, seungkwan the previous day.

You look up from your phone, sparing a glance to niki who remained splayed across the floor, panting from the extensive practice and reworking of the choreography. "mhm," you hum, continue to gaze at your phone, side-eyeing niki who stilled nonetheless to your conversation.

The others were left in the dark that you and niki had made up, since you urged the boy to silence. You ignored his every attempt to talk to you during the practice, well, solely for now. You had an elaborate idea that was extensive for no concrete reason.

You grin knowingly, having told niki to keep your little interaction a secret from the others for a while. "but why?" "it'll be just for a while, don't worry about it" you said, scooting closer and leaning on the wall, glancing out the dimming sky from the window. He sighed and took your hand in his, intertwining them, causing you to grin in content and lay your head on his shoulder with a small laugh.

Unknown to you two was the sighting of your particular warm moment to hanni's two orbs, who gasped upon recognising both. Albeit, she hadn't confirmed her suspicion nor spilled any information, ushering herself past the door after taking the sighting.

Hanni contemplated asking minji about it, avoiding causing any conflict, but her curiosity got to her, jogging up to her after the practice dispersed. You wandered off somewhere and minji walked forward mindlessly. "minji!" "hm? "have you noticed anything about yn lately?"

"no, why do you ask..." minji answered with little to no thought, whipping to the side to look at her younger friend.

"well, i think i saw what seemed to be yn and niki holding hands,"

Minji raised an eyebrow and urged her to continue, "and yn was resting her head on his shoulder..."

"i don't see what's particularly wrong in that," "they looked so,"

"in love?" minji completed with furrowed brows, "yet they were distant from each other today? what are these trying to pull off,"

You head home and draw out your closet, standing with a question mark drawn over your face, reaching for your phone and dialing up hyein who had an outstanding sense of fashion, seeking for her expertise. After dismissing and deducing what'd look best on you, hyein grins and curls a brow through the virtual barrier, "so, who is he?"

Ah, you could envision the bewildered glances and gazes already.