Chapter 16

Josiah

Starr cared enough about my jaw to call and put my mind at ease. Now, how can I get her to care about the rest of my body? I admit my jaw is a striking feature on my face, but I also got my hair, well at least for a few more years. I still have my teeth, thanks mostly to my dentist who likes to scrape them like a chalkboard. Don't forget my hands, they aren't manicured, but they are soft enough to dry tears, hold a baby, give a hug and build a birdhouse.

BUZZ! BUZZ!

"Well, how did it go? Do I get a new stepmom? - Kay

Ouch! I forgot I had told Kay my plans for this evening. Better to be truthful and get it over with.

"Went mostly great and when she finally says yes, you'll be the first to know."-Josiah

Truthful? No, but it was pretty great when she messaged back my nickname.

I would tease her about being my starbright to help me see the light and she would say that all her dreams were of me, so she named me dreamcatcher. Silly? Yes, but isn't that one of the best things in life, when you can find someone to be silly with and not worry about others.

"Glad to hear Dad. She sounds so wonderful; I can't wait to meet her. Should we head down next weekend?"-Kay

Yikes! That could be potentially the worst thing to ever happen in this beautiful old home.

"No, not yet; rub that belly and tell the baby hi! From grandpa."-Josiah

"Will do, Dad, and again, I'm proud of you. I never knew you carried that thing in your pocket all this time, she must be something special."-Kay

Oh, she is... and it's time she knew it too.

Operation "Make me a Dad of Three" is now underway!