Chapter 11- i need to tell you something

It had been a few days since the two boys had met up. Bokuto had been talking to Kuroo about whether or not he had a crush on Akaashi or was just feeling loved because the setter showed me more affection and attention then he was used to. The two had figured out Bokuto didn't in fact have a crush. Not wanting to wait another second over it deciding he had spent enough time pondering it, grabbed his phone and made the walk to visit Akaashi.

He marched his way down to the boy's house knocking on the door once he got there. He was greeted by Akaashi's father as he arrived.

"Oh, you must be Keiji's friend?"

"Yes, sir is he around?"

"He's in his room, he may still be asleep as it's early-" The dad checked his watch seeing it was about 10:30 "well not early but still, if he is I can let him know you dropped by and tell him you're going to come back?"

"Yes please! I'll go see if he is awake if that's okay?"

"Of course, do you know where his room is?"

"Yea!"

Bokuto took his shoes off once allowed in and went up to Akaashi's room. He opened the door slowly just in case Akaashi was asleep seeing he was studying, he shut the door and stood by the desk. He watched the boy silently, admiring him. He noticed Akaashi was wearing glasses and couldn't help but blush a tiny bit at the sight.

He waited a few minutes for a response seeing Akaashi had his earphones in so didn't hear Bokuto enter, lightly tapped the desk trying to get the boy's attention. Seeing that didn't work, he placed his hand on the folder Akaashi was reading and making note off of and slowly lifted it, grabbing the working boy's attention. Bokuto used his height to his advantage and held the folder above his head. Akaashi walked over to Bokuto standing on his tippy toes to reach the folder brushing the edge of it only to have it lifted more out of his reach. Akaashi dropped back down onto his flat foot to regain his balance realising how close the two were took a step back. Bokuto looked down slightly realising as well.

"Oh, wow you're really close" the captain lowered his arm and Akaashi grabbed the folder, using fixing it as an excuse to avoid eye contact. Bokuto took a deep breath before speaking up. "Akaashi I need to tell you something"

"What is it Bokuto?"

"I just wanted to say that i- I don't know exactly how to say this but I like you Akaashi and not just in a oh it's Akaashi I like that guy he's nice in a more way- like I-" Bokuto huffed getting frustrated with the fact he couldn't explain it.

Akaashi say himself down on the bed patting it for Bokuto to do the same, the taller boy sat down fiddling with his thumbs as he tried to fork sentences that would make some sense.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is I love you Akaashi, and I don't want to end our friendship but also, I want to date you, be your boyfriend"

"I like you in the same way Bokuto-"

"Wait- you do?!"

"Yea"

"That's- I- that's great! So, are we dating? Are we boyfriends now? Or do you want me to ask properly? Sorry I- I'm kinda of new to this confessing thing-"

Bokuto found himself cut off by a pair of small lips against his own, it was a gentle kiss yet there was passion in it. Akaashi pulled away first, Bokuto trying to go for it again but stopped himself since he could tell the boy wanted to say something.

"Yea we are."

Bokuto smiled before pulling Akaashi in for another gentle kiss, the two pulled away and Bokuto just held Akaashi's face with his hand rubbing his thumb over the boy's cheek admiring him.

His boyfriend.

"Say Akaashi?"

"Hm?"

"Since we're dating, could we move to a first name basis?"

"Sure, if that's what you want?"

"Only if you're comfortable with it though!"

"Sure, I am Kōtarō."

Bokuto felt his heart and stomach flutter as his name slipped through Akaashi's lip, his checks tinting pink slightly as he beamed at the action. He moved himself around to pull Akaashi into a hug and flopped backwards so the two were lying down.

"Kōtarō, I need to work, I have so much to do still"

"Keiji take the day off, we have school tomorrow! Because for some stupid reason we start on a Wednesday? But anyway, don't burn yourself out before we even start"

"yea you're right but"

"no Keiji, your work can wait. You have to rest as well."

Akaashi just looked down, he felt guilty for wanting to work while Bokuto told him to rest but he also felt bad for not working, not completing all the tasks he had even they weren't due yet. Out of the need for validation, to make his parents proud he had to do all this work a week before it was due, he then had to do an extra five hours of study on top of that. Yet he found his parents were never that bothered or never really cared and so Akaashi would continue to overwork, and this was one of the days were school starting as his summer project had collided with each other.

Lucky for him, he had Bokuto. The energetic boy wasn't going to take no for an answer. He wasn't going to let Akaashi drain himself before school even started. He understood Akaashi was a burnt-out gifted kid, he found it by himself and with some researching, which meant he wanted to help the boy in any way he could.

He grabbed the boy's hand as they lay there, keeping one arm around his back, he smiled softly as he watched Akaashi yawn.

"sleep if you want to Keiji, when did you go to sleep last night?"

"no, I'm okay-"

"Keiji when did you go to sleep."

"no really-"

"Keiji, you're going to take a nap or at least rest your eyes".

"Kōtarō you've come all the way here I should stay awake so we can spend time together. It would be rude off me to sleep."

"no, it won't and I don't mind sitting here while you sleep!"

Akaashi let out a deep breath, he could see the determination in Bokuto's expression. The boy wasn't going to give up so he gave in. the grey haired boy saw this so carefully took Akaashi's glasses off and placed them down on the table trying to stay still as to not disturb him. He saw Akaashi's eyes shut so whispered to him whilst draping a blanket over the two

"sorry if I was too forceful Keiji, I just want you to be okay. I care for you, and I want to protect you"