Chapter Nine

"I appreciate that Darlin'. I will see you tomorrow. Stay safe."

"I appreciate that Darlin'." " Stay safe."

"Darlin'." "Stay Safe."

"Darlin'."

"Darlin'."

"Darlin'."

His voice never left my head since he last left my apartment.

Even the dreams have grown to become more passionate than I ever felt before when he showed up.

The feelings of love in my dreams felt like I was living in another universe; and every time I woke up, the sense of dread would drag on as I had to wait a dreadful twelve hours before going back to the other world.

Not that seeing the real life Professor wasn't just as good. In fact, every time we caught each other's eyes, we were quick to break away from one another. It would leave me smiling every time he caught me.

As time went on, I felt much more relaxed in the classroom. Sometimes I would even volunteer to read aloud knowing my stutter hadn't completely gone away. I knew it bothered my classmates, but to see that small smile on the Professor's face was completely worth it.

I thought this these types of feelings that were developing were good. Little did I know that I have become too relaxed, especially during tutoring hours. It honestly didn't seem like Professor minded when I would joke with him here and there, and it was nothing provocative like Laura's ways of "joking". In a way, it was more of being a smart ass than anything. I thought everything was just fine, until the day arrived where he ended our tutoring sessions.

"Aw, what a bummer!" Laura pouts at me. "You just had to get good!"

"I think you mean better." I chortled. "I don't think I'm proficient, but hey, it's better than where I started."

"And that's why I think we should end our sessions." Professor Michael says in agreement. "I think your essays could improve from it's many redundant errors, but other than that, you're set to learn on your own."

"Redundant errors?" I lift a brow.

"Yes, redundant errors." He says. "I haven't seen this many errors since I shadowed a high school English teacher."

I gasped. "Are you comparing my work to a high schooler?!"

"Your words, not mine." He grins. "So many run-ons, it's like a marathon."

"That's not true!" I laughed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're right. You have the writing skills of a child."

"Shut up you ass!"

"Okay, we get the point!" Laura scowls at me. "Maybe instead of the reading, we can work on her essay skills instead."

"That won't be necessary Laura." Professor Michael returns to his formal behavior. "We appreciate all the work you've done to help Winter, but it's best if we let her learn on her own now. You're more than welcome to help her on your free time as you said you've done before, but we will still be ending the sessions."

"Ugh, fine." She crosses her arms. "Do you think you could at least help me on my poetry analysis papers?"

"Not even if you paid me." He scoffs. "You pass your tests with flying colors and have the highest grade in the class. I don't see a reason why you would need the help."

"I thought your job was to help your students when they need it." She argues.

"Yes. When they NEED it." He says. "There are other students that a near failing who need my help, and I can't even help them now with my new after class schedule. So no Laura, I really can't help you, especially now. You can always ask Mr. Thompson to help you since he agreed to tutor my other students."