Reverse Intrusive Psychology

༶•┈┈ ⛧ ┈ ♛ ┈ ⛧ ┈┈•༶

Intrusive Psychology
in·tru·sive
/inˈtro͞osiv/
adjective
causing disruption or annoyance through being unwelcome or uninvited.

"Good morning, Mrs Heffley!" You greeted with a sickeningly sweet smile.

Susan looked pleasantly surprised by your presence. "Oh, good morning, Y/N! You're here early. Why don't you come on in and join us for breakfast?"

"Thank you, Mrs Heffley," you nodded, following her into the house.

"Oh, Susan's fine, dear."

"Alright, Mrs Heffley."

The master plan, as you referred to it as, was simple.

You needed to show Rodrick that you were "earning" money to repair Oswin's car.

"Honey, Y/N is here," Susan announced, leading you into the dining room, where the entire family was having meatloaf and mashed potatoes for breakfast. Most likely leftovers from the night before.

"Hey there!" Frank greeted enthusiastically. "We weren't expecting you for another hour!"

"Good morning, Mr Heffley. I thought I'd come early and help out a bit before you guys leave."

"That's so sweet, dear. Go on and take a seat," Susan patted you on the shoulder.

It took a while to think of some way to get into his house to do so. Offering to wash his parents' car, mowing the lawn, selling treats...

"Rodrick, be a dear and grab another plate from the kitchen."

"Oh, no it's alright. I already had breakfast." You politely declined.

"We insist, dear. It's also a good excuse to avoid leftovers." Mrs Heffley gestured to Rodrick again.

"Now, Rodrick." Susan said firmly as she sat down.

Meeting the shocked and confused stare of your target, you smiled at the boy sitting next to you. His only response being a huff and an aggressive shove of the table as he stood up.

With a stroke of luck, Ivan found out Rodrick had two younger brothers and overworked parents in desperate need of a holiday.

So, in your most presentable outfit, you oh so casually bumped into Susan at the market and sneaked the topic into the conversation with the intent to volunteer as a babysitter.

"So, you're a friend of our son's?" Frank asked from across the table, while Rodrick came back with the plate, dropping it haphazardly in front of you. You simply smiled up at him with mockery and hoax gratitude.

"Oh, yes, sir. Ole Roderico and I are like this." you lifted your hand, crossing your middle and index fingers over with a grin. A sweet one in general, but a mocking one to Rodrick.

But your smile only grew more sly when your eyes met with the fiery pits of hell that were Rodrick's.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

"Why are you here?" You almost flinched at his sudden appearance behind you. Your fingers gripped the plates tighter while you moved around the room, picking up dishes from the now unoccupied table.

"I needed the money to help get my friend's car fixed." You so casually shrugged, your foot kicking one of the chairs back into place, still moving around Rodrick.

His parents had already left after you insisted on taking over the dishes, leaving you alone with the Heffley kids.

But more importantly, alone with Rodrick.

"You should really be thankful Oswin didn't press charges for property damage otherwise I wouldn't be here and you and your buddies would be in Juvie."

"Juvie?" Rodrick scrunched his nose.

"I dunno, jail but like for minors, right?" You pick up the remaining plates from the table.

"There's a prison for minors?"

"Yeah but like not prison prison, it's more like overnight in- whatever! You're ruining my comeback."

He suddenly held his arm out in front of you, making you stop and move the plates in your hands away to avoid him knocking them out of your grip.

You look up at him, expectant. "You're doing this to piss me off, aren't you?" He asked with his cold glare and his low and not so threatening voice.

"I don't know what you're talking about," You gracefully and fluidly ducked under his arm with the stack of plates, carefully placing them into the sink.

"You are! This can't just be some coincidence, Y/N. I know what you're trying to do."

"Oh? And what, pray tell, am I trying to do, Rodrick?" You ask with a small eye roll while you began to scrub at the plates.

"Piss me off!" He repeated, growing more irritated by the second.

It was difficult for you to keep from snickering.

"Haven't I already done that by forming a band that God forbid coexists with yours?"

Rodrick fell quiet for a moment.

Just this once, you let a small hum of pride slip from between your lips.

"You're being ridiculous, Rodrick. I just so happened to run into your mother and she brought up the need for a babysitter... And coincidentally..." The pause in your statement gave you time to really emphasize the innocence in your gaze as you tilt your head to him standing next to you.

Elbow deep into the bubbly water, your sweet tone dropped into a low and serious one. Eyebrows sinking when your pout transitioned into a glower before you repeat your earlier statement in a much darker tone, "I needed the money."

"Do you want us to pay or something? Because students like us don't have that kind of money!" Rodrick argued as if he didn't just give you the perfect wall to kick off of and take his ass down.

"You're just proving my point, Heffley." You sigh with a prideful smile. "We all picked up jobs to help pay for Oswin's repairs and this is mine."

That was a big ole white lie.

The others were slacking off in Ivan's garage, waiting for you to return victorious with LD's hypothetical flag raised in the air.

The loud frustrated groan made your hands pause under water for a moment, eyes shifting subtly in his direction before you continued your chore.

"Whatever. Your stupid plan isn't gonna work. You're doing me a favor anyway by watching those little shits." He snapped, the soles of his sneakers thumping against the kitchen tiles as he left you.

"You better be doing your homework up there!" You call out only to be met with a loud, "SHUT UP!" And the slam of his door.

༶•┈┈ ⛧ ┈ ♛ ┈ ⛧ ┈┈•༶