Chapter Two

Jacky takes Yuta to his office and gets him settled. Once she's gone, Yuta tries to start his work but his mind wanders back to how he left his house and everything that followed from then on, leading him here, working for his mother's rival company.

Flashback...

Monday of last week started off as usual, he was woken up by his alarm and took a shower, and got ready for work. Of course, his shirt, suit, shoes, belt, and even his wallet and phone were laid out nicely and neatly on his bed. He got all his things and went downstairs, where the giant 50-seater dining table was filled with a lavish breakfast, though it was only about 10 people actually eating. Yuta, his two sisters, their spouses, his two nieces and one nephew, and his parents. The children were all dressed in their uniforms for school. His elder brother-in-law, Henry, joined the table just as he did, completing the family.

The men in the room were all in designer suits, though Yuta didn't see a difference between the ones he and his family were wearing and the ones the staff was wearing. Besides the brand name and logos of course. His clothes cost more than most of his staff's salaries just because he had a basic-looking LV logo. He rolled his eyes reflecting on his sad lifestyle and began eating. The only sounds that could be heard throughout the table were the ones of overpriced silverware clicking against glass plates. He looked at his nieces and nephew, their bored and sad faces made his heart sink. They were being forced to grow up the same way he was. In a household where joy, laughter, happiness, and genuine emotion were practically taboo. "Why the gloomy faces kiddos?" Yuta asked, setting his fork down.

His 8-year-old nephew, Haruto, who was the oldest among his siblings, spoke up, frowning at Yuta. "First Grandma didn't wanna let us go on the school field trip, and then when she finally agreed, she won't let us go with the other kids. We have to take Mr. Rojer, and go on one of our cars instead of the school bus."

"Oh, well Mom, that's not too big of a deal. Let them go with everyone else." Yuta said, nonchalantly picking up a grape on his fork.

"That is not how we do it, son. They can't go with everyone else because they're not like everyone else." Yuta's mother answered him without straying her eyes from her plate.

"They're kids, mother. They go to private schools, They are like everyone else, all the kids there are millionaires. They go to school in Lemos and they're going on the field trip in a luxury bus. Let the kids go with their friends. And if you really wanna send Rojer, have him go on the bus with them. It's a long trip, they'll get bored in the car by themselves for two hours and end up annoying Rojer. We don't want any accidents." Yuta defended the kids.

"Yea!!" The kids chime in.

"No. The decision stands. If they want to go, they'll do so on my terms or not at all." Yuta's mother states sternly, much to the children's displeasure.

"Why do you have to be such a hardass all the time?" Yuta snapped.

"This is how I raised you and your sisters. You three turned out fine did you not." His mother finally looked at him with a you-know-I'm-right-face.

Yuta sighed through his nose and rolled his eyes.

Soon breakfast was over and the table became empty. Rojer, the manny, and Leo, the kid's bodyguard, took them to school. Yuta ordered Rojer to go with them on the bus and for Leo to stay at school with the car till they got back so his mother wouldn't suspect anything. Just cuz Yuta had a shitty childhood due to his mother being a bitch, and his father being a spineless idiot, he wasn't about to let history repeat itself with the next generation.

Everyone else went and did their own things. Yuta's older sister Himeka, who was also his mother's COO, and her husband. went with Mrs. Nakamoto to the office, to further prey on today's youth's insecurities. Himeka was exactly like their mother, and sadly, her three kids were being raised exactly as they had been. Generational trauma at its finest. Himeka's husband also joined the family business after their wedding 10 years ago, according to his mother-in-law's orders. Shuzuka, thankfully, was a lot more like her brother, free-spirited and saner than the rest of the family. She worked as a teacher at the kid's school. The most normal among the Nakamoto heirs. Her husband, however, was a freeloader, at least Yuta and his mother saw him that way. One of the very few things he and his mother agreed on. And as for the saddest Nakamoto in the manner, it was his father, Haruto Nakamoto Senior, who stayed sick for 300 days a year.

Tired of his life, as Yuta got in his black Porsche, he called his best friend and right-hand man Mark Lee. "Hey bro"

"Yo, Yuta, everything's all set up man. Whenever you're ready."

"Oh great! Thanks, man."

"Sure, anytime. You better invite me and the gang to your new housewarming party."

Yuta chuckled. "Oh definitely. But I gotta cut myself free first. This might just cost me everything.... Including my life."

Mark burst out laughing on the other line. "You're so dramatic for no reason. Go tell your mom you're quitting. The worst that could happen is you'll lose your trust fund."

"If only it was that easy."

"It is that easy."

"Right. Well, I'm doing it today so we'll see how easy it is."

"Ok. Keep me updated and let me know if you need help."

"Will do. Bye"

"Yeah, bye."

Yuta's chauffeur parked in front of Future Fashion Industries and dropped him off. Yuta took the elevator all the way to the top floor which is his mother's office. He hyped himself up in the elevator and as soon as the doors opens his face turned stone cold and his eyes became deadly. He calmly walked into the glass room and placed his resignation paper in front of his mother. "I quit." He said simply.

"I don't accept your resignation," his mother shot him down immediately.

"You can't keep me trapped here forever. I'm invoking my right to be forgotten. I want out." With that, he turned around to leave.

"If you step outside that door. You can be sure you'll lose everything. You're house. Your family. You're status and your trust fund. I will make it impossible for you to get a job and survive in this city."

"It's a good thing I don't want any of those things then. Including living in this city." Yuta opened the door but paused, slightly turning his head back to look at his mother one last time. He could quite literally see steam coming out of her ears. And yet when he looked close, he saw the smallest glimmer of pride in her eyes. No one walks out on Hoshi Nakamoto, but he was about to do just that. He gave her a small sad smile and left. Finally free for the first time in his life- basically broke. Thanks to Mark letting him crash on his couch for a while, at  least he wasn't completely homeless.

Back to the present...

A knock on his office door snaps him back to reality. When he looks up, he sees a man around his age, dressed in a casual suit, walking in. "Zoning out already?" the man remarks.

"Oh, un, no, I'm sorry. I was just thinking about something. Who are you?"

"Anna's brother, James."

"Oh, well, nice to meet you, sir."

"Just James is fine. I'm here to check how you're settling in."

"Look, you don't have to give me special treatment. I'm just Yuta. New  employee. That's it."

"I'm not giving you special treatment. You pissed off the CEO and she's  asked me to keep an eye on you and make sure you're behaving."

"I'm not a dog. I don't need to be watched."

James sneakers. "I think Anna disagrees. Well, since I see you're doing alright, I'll leave you to it." James gives Yuta a small smile and walks out.

Yuta scowls and rolls his eyes. "Whatever."

Author Note:

I had a good time writing this story and I mean I get that it's a very specific genre and not most people's taste, but I hope the people who like this type of stuff, enjoy this story.

Lmk what you guess think of it. I'd love the feedback.