Chapter 10: Capture the Flag: Part 1

Ok, sorry for not updating for a while, this comes out on Nico's birthday, 28th of January, and I have bad news. Due to huge pileups of HW and my inability to find much free time, I am not going to be updating regularly and chapters will come when they come. I love you all for reading, thank you. This is back to main story.

A few weeks after, Drew got out of the infirmary and was allowed to participate in camp activities, and the second week of this, they played capture the flag *we are now well into October if anyone wants a time update* except the teams were selected a little strangely. Two days before the contest, Chiron stood up at dinner.

'Everyone,' the centaur called. Talking was reduced to murmurs. 'We are paying capture the flag in two days time, and before you get started preparing, this is a special edition. The counsellors are not choosing teams for you this time, as me and Mr D have chosen them for you, and no cabin is allowed to sit out.' There were loud groans at this.' The teams are as follows: Blue team has: Zeus, Demeter, Athena, Hephaestus, Hermes, Hades, Aphrodite, Hebe and Nemesis cabins working together, and therefore, the Red Team has: Poseidon, Ares, Apollo, Dionysus, Iris, Hypnos, Nike, Tyche and Hecate ' Nico saw Percy and Annabeth glare at each other across the room, then caught Will's eye across the table and smiled. As soon as the chatter restarted, he whispered to Will,

'You are going down, sunshine boy. And you can't stop me from shadow travel now. My team will need it!' And winked. Will laughed and rolled his eyes

I suppose you are allowed to shadow ravel for the duration of the game ONLY. And not for longer or further than you have to, at least to try and fail to win. Red team is on the rise, Death Boy.'

*time skip to next day sponsored by Tyson being the sweetest Cyclops ever to walk this Earth*

The next day, Frank, Hazel, Reyna and a couple of others arrived for a week long recreational trip, from camp Jupiter arrived for a week long recreational trip, and all except Reyna decided to join in the game. She had taken up Piper's offer to come here to relax, and was just going to be on Scipio *pretend he didn't die* helping Chiron referee, as she deemed that more relaxing than just going down and team planning to get a flag and then knocking out other demigods to get it.

The day finally arrived and the blue team and red team's counsellors held meetings to discuss strategy. The meeting came to order with Annabeth starting the agenda

'Right, so first we need to know who should be on guard duty, one from each cabin, except Zeus as we need you up front, Jason.' Then she passed a sheet of paper around for each counsellor to write one name on. Nico put Hazel on when it got to his place. Frank had become a honery Hades camper as he did not get on with his Ares siblings, and at Hazel's insistence, making their cabin three rather than its normal one or two.

'Ok, now we have to get the flag team, of three people. I am going to say that we have three people on it, unless anyone has any objections?' Annabeth said once the sheet had come back to her.

'Yes, I do' joked Leo 'why three, not five?' Annabeth glared at him. 'Ok ok, Annabeth. Just joking, I know that three is the smallest magic number'

Jason shoved Nico forward. 'I think Nico should be on this team, he can shadow travel in and out!'

'But, no, shouldn't I be on the larger distraction team??? I can summon skeletons to help distract-'He was cut off by Annabeth

'Yes, Di Angelo, and that is exactly why we want you on this team, so you can summon them to protect the flag you captured from the other team, I will join you and-'

'Drew is good at stealth so you could have her on the team' suggested Travis Stoll, evidently oblivious to the fight Nico had with her and Annabeth wrote her name down before Nico could object.

'And that wraps up the meeting, the rest of the campers are the head on assault team, for a distraction. Tell your campers the arrangements and we will meet at Zeus' fist to place the flag, later.'

Thecounsellors dispersed to lunch to tell their cabins what teams they were on,and Nico did the same

Hi everyone!!! This is obviously a part one-part two, but it is coming out today as it is our lovely Neek's birthday. I will write a longer A/N at the end of next chapter explaining about the dreams chapter and my reasons for the dispersed updates. Love you all for reading, Solangelooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Forever

Alice.