Chapter-40

December is here guys and so is Christmas and New Year

An update is here today as your christmas gift 🎁

I've also posted a reel for Samiksha and Kartik on my instagram feed so you can catch it up there. Also, suggest a good shipping name for this chaotic couple.

Do not forget to leave your lovely comments and votes for me while reading!

💙

|Hope becomes depressing when broken by the ones who once promised to preserve them|

by medicallymessedup

•recent past•

Kartik tried to shun away the memories that reminded him of nothing but visualization of what Ruchi was forced to endure from a tender age. He witnessed her innocence being peeled away by the sharp end of the knife that skinned away her careless chirping.

He still remembered that fateful night where Ruchi lost a part of her life to the cruelty of her so-called parents. It was unforgettable for him to watch the relentless cruelty bestowed upon a child by the one who gave one birth. Though he was young himself he couldn't foresee the sour treatment given by Srinija and Sunil to Ruchi. It was permanently ingrained into his mind.

From the first time, he found Ruchi curled up inside the bed soundlessly sobbing trying to keep herself in the shadows away from the rest of the family when Srinija used to pour out her frustration on her by physical and mental methods to when she pushed her away amidst the calamity where she chose to ignore her.

Sushma, their aunt came just as a free bonus with all the crap to the date she blames at Ruchi, in order to make peace with her own convicted mistakes by supporting Srinija's doing.