Chapter 6: Oh sh**!! This is not happening!!

Oh yes! I was done with school. I was at home, wearing my black biker shorts and my white short-sleeved t-shirt, and I was dancing to the song by High Klassified, 3 words. I couldn't believe I was done with school – no more waking up early in the morning! I was happy, but then I remembered that I had to take the pregnancy tests. I stopped dancing and took a deep breath. I opened my drawer, took the pregnancy tests, and went into my bathroom. I stared at the pregnancy tests, then I grabbed them and read the instructions. I peed on all three pregnancy tests, and I had to wait for five minutes. Trust me when I say, that was the longest five minutes of my life.

It was time for me to reveal the results, and I was nervous. My mom and dad were not home; they probably went out for lunch or something. I was teary-eyed, "Lord, please let it say that I am not pregnant," I said. I finally removed the boxes off the tests to reveal the pregnancy results. My heart sank onto the floor. My chest started burning. My ears were ringing, my eyes became blurry because of my tears. I wiped my tears, and there it was. It was true. It was really happening... I was pregnant. With Pule's baby. I dropped onto my knees; I couldn't breathe. I grabbed my phone from the toilet seat and dialed Linawe. How was this happening right now? The pregnancy test claimed that I was a month pregnant. No! NO!

Linawe answered on the third ring. "Hey Bestie," I sobbed on the phone. "I am on my way," she hung up as she realized that I was not okay.

Linawe didn't even knock. She just barged into the house; I guess she saw that my mom's car was not parked in the driveway, that's why she did that. "Khanyisile!" She was shouting as she searched for me in every room in the house. She opened my bedroom door, "Khanyi." She ran into my bathroom; I was on the floor with my knees onto my chest, rocking about like a little rocking chair. She glanced at the pregnancy tests on the basin, rushed towards me and helped me up. I was weak, shocked at this revelation. She walked me towards my bed; we sat down. Now she was crying; my best friend was such a 'whatever you go through, I go through it too' kind of person. "I am not keeping it," I blurted out. She looked at me and nodded in understanding. "I understand, Khanyi. I am so sorry," she said. "I can't keep this baby. I can't; he or she will be a reminder of what happened. I do not want that," I said as I took my phone and searched online for the nearest abortion clinic. "I am going there now," I said. I stood up and wore my black jeans and sneakers with my navy blue hoodie. Linawe was just looking at me. "Does he know?" She asked. "No. No, he doesn't deserve to know," I said, now I was fuming. Why did he have to know? He raped me. "Are you coming with me or what?" She wiped her tears and took her phone. "Let's go." She stood up from the bed, and we left.

We got to the clinic; I immediately asked for help. They asked me to fill in some forms; thank God I was not a minor because I did not have to have my mom with me during this moment. They directed me to the abortion department. I rushed there with tears flowing down my face; Linawe was holding onto my hand so tight. I loved my best friend. She really supported me even in the worst times. We waited for the doctor and finally got called into the room; we got in there, and I saw the bed, all the tools, the table, chairs... all the works. "Good Afternoon, I am Doctor Stanley," she said. "Hello, Doctor Stanley... this is my best friend Linawe," I said as I tried to break the ice. I was so so nervous. Linawe shook the doctor's hand. "Please take a seat," she said, and we sat down. After closing the door, she took her seat. "So who is aborting between the two of you?" I cleared my throat. "I am." She nodded. "How far along are you?" She asked while taking out her notepad and a pen. "A month, that's what the pregnancy tests stated." She wrote in her notepad, nodding. "Well, I guess you are in luck... because termination of the pregnancy will be possible." I felt a sense of relief."