I

(This story revolved around the time Straw hats came to the Sabaody archipelago.)

It was a nice day and not too hot. Moreover, the straw hats are on their way to Sabaody.

'Oops,' You internally giggle. Sometimes you forgot the fact you are part of them. Along the way, your nakama met new friends named Camie and Pappag. They begged your friends to rescue their friend named Hachin. Nami stiffened when she heard that name. You noticed but decided not to pry, not your business anyways. A second later, you felt someone hold your hand. When you turned your head to the side, your object of affection is grinning at you.

"Are you enjoying Y/N?" Luffy asked while smiling.

You want to answer, you really do, yet your head can't formulate the proper words so you end up nodding, like a robot.

He let go of your hand the moment he heard food and you almost grab it back. You pouted. Not satisfied enough.

'It's not my place... yet'

After all the ruckus, Hachin cooked a Takoyaki for all of you. You took a bite of the food and closed your eyes because of the deliciousness. Luffy, on the other hand, is not satisfied yet. When Hachin is still cooking, he put his hands where the Takoyaki is, forgetting that it's piping hot and got burned. You giggled at his antics. Luffy heard your laugh and looks your way.

Noticing it, you saw how his eyes moved to yours and to the Takoyaki you were holding. You wished that he will stare at you like that. Smiling, you offer the food to him and immediately grab it while saying thank you to you.

"You don't have to do that Y/n-chan" You heard Sanji speak.

"Can't help it. Just want to make him happy."

You heard Sanji mumble lucky bastard. Your ears perked when you heard Hachi say your fathers name. There's another reason why you joined. Aside from Luffy, you wanted to meet your father. He was the reason why you went out to the sea.

A few moments later, you can see the mangroves of the Sabaody Archipelago. You never imagined the trees were that tall. The whole place screams adventure but something tells you it's not the only thing there is. When you looked to your left, you saw Luffy twinkling his eyes.

'Cute.' You thought.

"Stop staring or else he'll melt."

You were startled and turned around, it was Zoro and he was smirking. You don't like it.

"You like him huh?" He teased.

You blushed.

"No-no, what made you think that?" You raised your brow.

"First, you are so red right now. Secondly, you stuttered. Third," he moved his head closer to you, "I heard you said cute."

He was so smug about it that you pushed his face away.

"Marimo baka!" You shouted and walked away. Marching to the other side, you put your hand to your heart and rubbed it. It was beating so fast.

'Am I that obvious? This is not so good.'

You took your time to calm your racing heart and seconds later join your friends while they step foot on the island. You noticed the bubbles floating in the air. You poked one of them expecting to explode but to your amusement, it never happen.

"These soap bubbles are really mysterious. How do they work?" You heard Robin ask and you thumbs up at her. She winked.

"The roots of these Yarukiman Mangroves secrete a unique kind of resin. So when the trees breathe out, the resin is blown out as well and forms these soap-bubbles." Pappag answered.

"Interesting." You replied with a hint of astonishment in your voice.

"We need to find a coating mechanic and have him coat your ship with this resin!" Hachin said.

You held your sword and trudge to where Zoro stood. He quirked his brows at you.

"Don't want you to get lost," you teased.

"Tch," was all you've heard. Before you have a chance to retort, Hachin spoke and you noticed the fear and warning in his tone.

"In exchange... I'd like you to make just a single promise to me."

"Sure, what is it?" Luffy questioned.

"Once we enter the city, we might run into the World Nobles walking around there."

"World Nobles?" Chopper interrupted him.

"Who are they?" Luffy asked.

"The citizens of the Holy Land, Mariejoa," Robin answered him.

"And what about them?" Luffy said mindlessly. Sometimes you are amazed by his ignorance. Hachin frowned at it.

"No matter what might happen in the city... I want you to promise me you won't lay a hand on the World Nobles. Got it? Even if someone were to be killed right before your eyes... just pretend you didn't see anything." After he said that, memories flashed back to you. People were screaming and the sound of whips and chains echoed on their skins. You clenched your fists.

There was a moment of silence. Luffy wanted to protest but you cut him off.

"I understand."

For the first time, Hachi was scared of you. Not because of what you said but how can your eyes have switched to lively then devoid of anything?

All of your friends looked at you and you didn't like the attention you were receiving.

"Have you... encountered them?" he asked.

You just stared at him and then said yes. It was faint he almost didn't hear it.

Before everyone can react, you turn back and run away. Never minding where your foot leads you and the shouts of your friends. It seems that no matter where you go, your past is always there to haunt you.

Decipher me, my love, or I will be forced to destroy you.

-Clarice Lispector