Prologue

"Isn't the cat lovely, princess?" Mel asked, soothing the fur of the lean white cat-ijekiel had brought it for Jennette.
Jennette squated besides Mel, keenly staring at the little cat. Her jeweled eyes glistening with unknown emotions.
"It's weird," she uttered.
"Weird?How?" Mel asked."The cat appears elegant to me."
Jennette shook her head. "I don't know.. it's just.."
She reached a hand to touch the cat but the cat backed away. It ran to hide behind Mel.
"Oh my," Mel exclaimed.
"See. It's avoiding me," Jennette asserted, "Just like elder brother..."
"Princess...,"Mel sighed. "Young master is not avoiding you. He is the heir to the duchy. He has a lot of weight on his shoulders.."
Jennette didn't reply only gazing at the cat. But the cat covered itself more as if it was afraid of something.
How annoying .. a voice came from inside her.
It was not the first time Jennette heard this voice. It had been with her since birth. A sort of friend- which she didn't have.
That pesky being. It dares avoid me and hug that low-life's thigh.. just like the owner it doesn't know the worth of a jewel
Jennette got up and dusted of the imaginary dirt on her dress. Then, she looked at her tiny hands. They were clean. And she didn't like that.
"Princess?" Mel asked worryingly.
"Mel."
Jennette looked at Mel, with a calm gaze that didn't suit her age.
"I want a waffle cake," she demanded.
Mel looked at the sky. It was snack time. She offered Jennette a smile and replied,"I will get one right away, Princess."
Mel picked up the cat and was about to walk away when Jennette stopped her.
"Leave the kitty here," she said. "I want to play with it."
Mel obeyed and put the cat down. But the cat grabbed the hem of it's shirt. It seemed to not want to leave her.
On seeing this, Jennette's gaze darkened. But Mel didn't see it as she was busy brushing off the cat.
All of a sudden, Jennette picked up the cat with her two hands. The cat stiffened in Jennette's embrace.
"Also get some milk for this little one."
Mel looked at the cat whose soul seemed to have left it's body and looked at the smiling Jennette.
She bowed and left.
As Mel was out of sight, the cat began to shift in Jennette's arms. It started struggling to get away. But Jennette only tightened her grip.
"You dislike me?" she mumbled.
"But everyone says that I am very lovely..so why don't you also like me?"
"Even Elder brother doesn't treat me like this."
She turned the cat around and held it in front of her. Now they were face-to-face with each other.
Jennette had a confused look on her face. As if she really wanted to know why the cat disliked her.
The cat started struggling again. And in its struggle it scratched Jennette's wrist.
Jennette winced but her grip on the cat only tightened.
This little thing dares. How dare it hurt me?
Jennette stared at the struggling cat, her jeweled eyes darkening by the passing moment.
Eliminate it. Eliminate it. Eliminate it. Eliminate it. Eliminate it. Eliminate it. Eliminate it. Kill it. Eliminate it. Eliminate it. Eliminate it.
The voice echoes in her head over and over again. And Jennette's grip only tightened. The cat was whimpering, trying to get away as soon as possible.
Small shards of red started appearing in jeweled eyes.
Jennette lifted the cat higher and hurled it on the ground.
...
The birds chripped as the evening glow illuminated the trees and bushes. A little girl stood near a lump of blood and fur. She stared at her bloody hands, a light smile making its way on her face.

- - - - -
I'm new here and I don't have any experience at writing. English is nor my first language either. If there are some advices then I'm all ears.