✦ C H A P T E R - O N E ✦

Author's Note:

Hello, my peaches!

Welcome to reading the first chapter of the book!! I know I haven't been very active lately and I am really sorry about that. Senior year is getting to me haha. I just have a lot of work. I will try to update as much as I can. 

Enjoy reading!

Yours, WQ ❤︎

✷✷✷✷✷

✦ Valeria Vitali's POV ✦

I finished the last of my paperwork when I received a call.

I looked at the screen to see who it was calling me at 10:30 PM in the night. It was Amelia.

My mood immediately brightened as I looked at the name on my caller ID.

I answered it, "VALERIA ROSE VITALI! WHAT IS THE TIME RIGHT NOW?" her soft voice now filled with anger boomed through the phone.

I immediately pulled my phone back from my ear as soon as I heard the terrifying sound of her angry voice.

There isn't much I am scared of, and angry Amelia is probably not the one I should mess with right now.

I am in serious shit right now, I thought to myself.

"He-ey Lia!" I answered back nervously.

"Cut the crap, Valeria, what the hell is the time right now? And why are you not home right now? What were the terms we agreed on last week?" she asked sternly.

Ugh, not those rules.... I am royally screwed.

"Um ya. I- I remember, I uh I just finished my work just now, I will be home in just 15 minutes, I promise"

"You better be or else you know the consequences of your actions and trust they will not be pretty this time"

I sighed in relief.

"Yes, I will be there just in 15 minutes," I said finally and cut the call before I heard the end of it.

I breathed a sigh of relief and hassled to get to my car ASAP before my secretary decided to bring me another stack of paperwork for me to finish.

I dashed towards my private elevator and immediately got in.

The chime rang when we landed on the floor indicating me to get down and I immediately ran for my life to my car.

I hopped into my black matt Mercedes and dashed to the mansion.

✷✷✷

✦ Amelia Vitali's POV ✦

I cut the phone call I just had with my sister and huffed.

"She didn't even let me finish what I was saying" I mumbled to myself.

Papa Zione and Fratello Donatello were laughing at my misery.

"Papa!" I whined at them.

"I just want her to take care of herself, she overworks herself to death and then I am the one who takes care of her afterward. She says she learned her lesson every single time, but guess what she never does" I pouted.

"Ohh Bella, you did give her a good warning, I am pretty sure she pissed her pants" I heard Marcello, my second eldest brother say.

"I sure hope so," I said.