IV

hey, uhm I realized I made a mistake with Tommy's age, so I just wanted to clarify, in this au, he is only 10 years old. He joined the cartel when he was 9, and was arrested when he just turned a year older. Wilbur is currently 17, but he was first arrested when he was 14 and before he knew Tommy. Technoblade is 25,  he first got his job when he was 20. And Phil is 32. I hope this clears it up a bit, and I hope you enjoy! 

TW: SH SCARS, BREIF DRUG MENTION,

..."And I think that's everything." Schlatt finished, setting down the papers he was reading from and looking at Tom,

Currently, Tommy was halfway asleep, drooling as he leaned on the cushioned chair, slowly drifting off. His blonde hair fell in front of his face as he snored loudly.

Schlatt was about to tell him off for ignoring his (very important) lesson, but he changed his mind. Now, Schlatt wasn't one to normally take advantage of someone, but he was very concerned about this kid. When Schlatt was patting him down, he noticed how thin he was. Schlatt could practically feel Tommy's ribs.

Schlatt frowned before he got up and quietly approached the sleeping boy. He stood next to him as he tried to bunch up his sleeves and when he saw what was underneath, he wasn't really that surprised.

A array of scars littered his arms, some looked recent, some looked old and some looked old and as if they've completely healed. He also noticed the red rings on Tommy's wrists, of which were very recent. They looked swollen and inflamed, but they were also brushing, and they needed attention.

Schlatt, being the med school drop out he is, rushed over to the small refrigerator that was tucked in the corner, and grabbed a ice pack. He also grabbed a tub of Advil, just in case. Schlatt walked back over to Tommy and decided that it would startle him less if he woke him up beforehand.

"Hey- kid." He said, nudging Tommy. "Ay, get up."

Tommy grumbled some incoherent words as he sat up. He looked up at Schlatt, glaring at him through his tired eyes.

"What do you want." Tommy asked. "And what's with the ice..?"

Just then Tommy noticed the concern in Schlatt eyes, and they way his intimidating persona faltered for a split second. He also noticed his right sleeve was bunched up, and he finally connected the dots.

"Schlatt, I swear, I've been clean for like 6 months." Tommy lied, but he had to. Who knows where they'd send him if he was actively trying to harm himself.

"Listen Tommy," Schlatt said, slowly putting the ice down. This was basically the first time he didn't call Tommy "kid". "My job isn't to  see how your doing mentally. My role in this prison is to make sure your where your supposed to be, and acting of accordance. But when I see a scrawny 10 year old kid come in, who is basically paper thin, and just as white, with self harm scars all over him, I have the right to be concerned."

There was silence as Schlatt tried to keep his calm composure, but Tommy saw the tears in his eyes.

"I can relate to you." He finally spoke, picking the ice back up, and going over to Tommy's right side. "You remind me of myself."

Schlatt pressed the ice to his wrists and Tommy jerked his whole body because it hurt so much. Schlatt hissed out an apology under his breath, and told Tommy to hold the ice on his wrist. 

There was a long silence that was thick enough to cut with a knife. Schlatt plopped back down onto his chair and stared at Tommy.

"I think it's best if we take you to the nurse." Schlatt spoke, his voice cracking a bit. "She's more qualified than me."

Tom just nodded as he stood up and set the ice pack down. Because they were entering the hallways, Tommy needed to be contained so Schlatt secured his handcuffs, and they were on their way. Schlatt opened the titanium white door, and they entered the dimly lit hallway. There was little to no windows, and the only thing lighting the room was a flickering was a fluorescent ceiling light that made the room whiter than it already was.

Tommy and Schlatt maneuvered down the hallway, their feet clicking on the linoleum floor. They walked past many rooms, all with different titles. "Seclusion Room", "Counseling Room" , "Personal Safety Room," ect. This was starting to feel more like a psych ward than a prison.

Finally, they reached their final destination, a door labeled "Dr. Nikis Office, room 402." Schlatt opened the door and motioned for Tommy to enter the room. Tommy hesitated before walking in. When he entered the room, his eyes immediately darted all around the room. There was cheesy inspirational quotes plastered to the cream colored walls, and a typical doctors bed with a curtain in the corner. Their was a second door on the opposite side of the wall that was wooden with scratched on it. It had a small window on it, but it was covered by a curtain. Their was a tiny desk with a small stool with wheels on the bottom, and pictures of people he didn't know on the desk. Except.. one person.

There was a picture of a girl with strawberry blonde hair and she was beaming. Her dimples showed as she smiled with her teeth. Next to her was a boy who appeared to be extremely taller than her. He had brown fluffy hair, and deep chocolate eyes with silver spectacles over them. It was Wilbur. His Wilbur.

Schlatt seemed to notice Tommy's body language change, because he immediately told Tommy that this so called Dr. Niki wasn't actually that bad. Schlatt continued to try and comfort him, but for the wrong reasons.

Suddenly the wooden door creaked open and a girl with a white coat exited the door. She had half black half dirty blonde hair. She had a septum pericing and a bit of makeup on. She smiled at Schlatt, and even if her hair is different now, the dimples are the same. She is the girl in the picture.

WC: 1038

 cliffhanger?! this was the most gut wrenching chapter so far, but it only gets worse from here. prepare yourselves. I was also to lazy to proofread, so sorry if theirs any errors.