Chapter 11

I got woken up by the brightness of the sun. I was now laying on the side, Neteyam cuddling me from behind, a hand brought over my waist. I smiled feeling the warmth of his breath on the back of my neck. He was still asleep. I laid my arm over his, took his hand and brought it closer to me. I was feeling good in his arms. I was feeling safe whenever he was around me. Then I felt his strong arm bringing me even closer to him, hugging me tightly. He was awake. He then softly kissed the back of my shoulder. I smiled brightly. "We should go back to the village before Jake and Neytiri notice none of us are in our hammock" I said softly, chuckling. "Just few more minutes" he growled tightening his grip around my body. 

I turned around to face him. He opened his beautiful golden eyes and smiled. I gave him a small kiss and then tried to stand up but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him. "Neteyam!" I let out, laughing. He hugged me and kissed me on my head before letting go. He then stood up and we both walked to the village.

We entered the hut but we arrived too late, everyone was already awake. "Where were you?" Jake asked both of us. "Hum.. we were..." I tried to explain but visibly failed. "We fell asleep on the beach" Neteyam tried to help me. I was waiting for their reaction, they were all looking at us, their eyes going from me to Neteyam, and from Neteyam to me. Then a huge smile formed on Lo'ak's face. "No waaayyy" he said. Jake and Neytiri looked at him and frowned. "Shut up Lo'ak" Neteyam said, annoyed at his brother's immature reaction. "Language" Neytiri said firmly. "Wait did you two..." Kiri started. "Woah.. nothing happened last night, well.. I mean..." I tried to talk but failed miserably once more. "You two mated?" Neytiri asked. "No!" Neteyam said, sighing. I burried my face in both of my hands, this was so embarrassing. Lo'ak was laughing so loudly. 

"What happened then?" Jake asked, in total confusion. "We only kissed! For the great mother, I didn't think we'd have to give so much details for only spending a night out" I said loudly. Kiri joined Lo'ak and started laughing. Jake and Neytiri smiled as they looked at each other. I rolled my eyes as a smile formed on my lips. "It's fine, we knew it would happen, one day" Jake finally spoke, smiling. Neteyam and I frowned and looked at each other, a little confuse. "I told you it was obvious Hayla" Lo'ak added still laughing. I rolled my eyes at him.

"At least, now, everybody knows" I said. Neteyam passed his arms around my shoulder and brought me closer to him as he let out a small laugher. Then Tuk entered the hut and took Neteyam's hand, pulling him towards the exit. "Neteyam come in the water with me, please" she begged her brother. "Okay, okay Tuk" he then turned to me. "Are you coming?" Neteyam asked me. "Yes Hayla come!" Tuk started to beg. "I'll join you later, alright?" they both nodded before leaving.

Lo'ak walked to me, his smile still covering his face. "Please Lo'ak spare me with your embarrassing questions" I warned him. "I just wanted to tell you 'I told you'" he said, teasing. "Go away skxanwg" I said laughing. He smiled with all his teeth and left me. I took my bow and as I was about to leave the hut, Jake intercepted me. "What are you doing with your bow?" he asked gently. "Practicing, it's been a while since I have released an arrow" I replied. He smiled and nodded. I turned my head and saw Neytiri, she was also smiling. She was probably proud, she was the one who learned me how to use a bow. She actually taught me pretty much everything I know today, along with Jake. Can't believe that, today, they learned I'm making out with their son.

I smiled back to them both before leaving the hut, and heading to the "forest". I found a good spot and installed a target on one of the tree. I stepped back and took an arrow, carefully nocked it on my bow. I then drawed the bowstring back and focused on the target, and released. It reached the target, but not the middle. I took another arrow and nocked it again on my bow. I drawed the bowstring back, making sure my arms were well positioned. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. When I opened them back, they were locked on the middle of the target, I exhaled and release the arrow. I watched it fly and reach the middle of the target. I smiled.

"Good job" Neteyam said smiling, coming out from the trees. "Thanks" I replied, smiling back at him. "Why are you practicing?" he asked. "If they find us back, I'll be ready" I replied. He sighed and approached me. He gently placed a strand of my hair behind my ear. "Hayla, they won't find us and if they do, we won't let them take what we have" he said, smiling as he laid his hand on my waist. I nodded and smiled back. He then softly pressed his lips against mine. Both of my hands reached the back of his neck, and pulled him closer, for a deeper kiss. He placed his other hand on my back and pulled my body against his. After our passionate kiss, I placed my head against his chest, pulling him into a hug. He wrapped both of his arms around my body. I felt so safe whenever he was around.

We then headed back to the village. When we arrived, there were Tulkuns everywhere in the water, jumping around happily. It was breathtaking. I had no words to describe what my eyes were seeing. I looked at Neteyam, he smiled brightly. "The Tulkun have returned! Everybody, our brothers and sisters have returned!" We heard Tsireya from the distance. Metkayinas were jumping in the water to meet their soul sister or their soul brother. I couldn't stop smiling, it was truly heartwarming to see. Neteyam called his Ilu and gave me his hand. I smiled to him and got on, behind him, holding on to his waist. We swam in the water and seeing it from underwater was even more beautiful. The Metkayinas were communicating with their Tulkun, telling them what was new in their life. Neteyam and I swam around them, admiring the beauty of these gigantic creatures. We then came up to the surface, Neteyam let out a laugh of pure joy. My heart melted. I was smiling with all my teeth. "I can't believe my eyes" I let out.