Belle (Beauty and the Beast)

[Y/N] = Your Name

[F/B] = Favorite Book

: = Dialogue

Now let the story begin.

Belle : Hello [Y/N], may I help you with something?

She asks him with a sweet smile.

[Y/N] is a shy young man and Belle's closest friend, who happens to be secretly in love with her.

[Y/N] : H-hi Belle, I'm here to give your father the part for his newest invention he asked me to get.

Belle : Papa, [Y/N] is here with the part you asked for!

She calls out to her father.

??? : Coming!

Her father Maurice responded and came out from the back room.

[Y/N] : Here you go sir.

He hands the part over to Maurice.

Maurice : Ah, thank you my boy!

[Y/N] : No problem, if you need anything else, just let me know.

He said with a friendly smile.

Maurice : Will do [Y/N]! Now if you two kids are excuse me, I've got some inventing to do!

He exclaims excitedly before running off into the back room.

Both [Y/N] and Belle chuckle at her father's enthusiasm.

Suddenly, Belle pulls [Y/N] into a hug, making the young man blush.

Belle : Thank you for being so kind to my father [Y/N], you're the only other person in the village besides myself who believes in him.

[Y/N] : Your father is a great man! Who cares what the rest of the village thinks? In my opinion, they're all just jealous that none of them can compare to how great a man he is.

Belle : That's incredibly sweet of you to say [Y/N]! However, I think there is another guy as great as him?

[Y/N] : Really? Who?

She giggles and looks him in the eye.

Belle : Why, that would be you silly!

He blushes a bright red.

Belle : Aww, you're blushing! That's so cute!

He blushes even more, causing her to giggle.

Belle : Oh! I just remembered something! I have something for you [Y/N].

She pulls a book off her shelf and hands it to [Y/N].

He gasps in surprise.

[Y/N] : That's....

Belle : Yep, it's [F/B]. I know how much you love it, so I want you to keep it as a thank you for helping my father.

[F/B] is incredibly special to [Y/N], as his late grandmother used to read it to him all the time when he was young.

[Y/N] hugs Belle tightly as a few tears trickle down his cheek.

[Y/N] : T-thank you so much Belle, I'll take good care of it!

She smiles and gently pats him on the back to comfort him.

Belle : You're very welcome [Y/N].

Their sentimental moment is interrupted by a voice that makes both of them internally groan.

??? : Really? You're all worked up over a book? Grow up and be a man for once [Y/N].

Belle and [Y/N] turn around and see Gaston standing there with a smirk, alongside his bumbling sidekick LeFou.

Gaston : Hello Belle, you're looking as beautiful as ever. How's about you ditch the wimp next to you and go out with me?

Belle : Sorry Gaston, but I'll have to pass. [Y/N] and I are going to read [F/B] together.

Gaston : Why would you pass up the opportunity to go on a date with me to read a stupid book?!

[Y/N] : H-hey! It's not stupid.

Gaston turned to him with a smirk.

Gaston : Oh really?

He snatched the book from [Y/N]'s hand.

[Y/N] : G-give it back!

Gaston skims through the book.

Gaston : Hmm. I was right, it is stupid.

He rips the book in two, much to [Y/N]'s horror.

[Y/N] : W-why would you do that?!

He asks as tears form in his eyes.

Gaston : Aww, looks like he's gonna cry.

LeFou : What a baby!

They both laugh loudly as [Y/N] runs out the door in tears.

Belle : [Y/N]!

She calls out to him in vain.

Gaston : Now with crybaby gone, would you like to go out with me now Bel-

He's cut off by Belle slapping him across the face.

Gaston : B-Belle?! What's gotten into you?!

Belle : How dare you do that to [Y/N]!

He scoffs.

Gaston : Why do you care about him anyways? He's a loser! A weakling! Why bother with him when you could be with a real man like me?

He says while flexing his muscles as Belle stares at him in disgust.

Belle : I've tried letting you down gently Gaston, but you never take the hint! I don't want to date you, my heart already belongs to someone else. I'm in love with [Y/N], and in my opinion, he's more of a man than you'll ever be! Now if you excuse me gentlemen, I'm going after the man I love!

She says as she dashes out the door.

Some time later, Belle finds [Y/N] sitting on a tree stump with teary eyes.

Belle : [Y/N], I finally found you!

She embraces [Y/N] and runs her fingers through his hair to console him.

After a few minutes, she calms him down.

Belle : Now might not be the best time for this [Y/N], but I need to tell you something. You are the kindest, sweetest, and most amazing person I know. I love you so much [Y/N].

He looks at her in surprise.

[Y/N] : Y-you do?

She nods.

[Y/N] : I l-love you t-too Belle.

She blushes and pulls him in for a kiss.

[Y/N] : T-that was...amazing.

Belle : It really was. Now then, let's go to the bookstore [Y/N], I think they have another copy of [F/B] in stock.

[Y/N] : O-ok.

She smiles and takes his hand before heading off to the bookstore with the man she loves.