Chapter 1

The she-wolf stands hidden in the alley, her long flowing cloak hiding her face. The looming dark shadow covers her, like a soft blanket. Her white tail is hidden underneath the cloak, but the back of the fabric ripples as the she-wolf flicks her tail anxiously. Her name is Sierra. No last name. On the run. A $10,000 bounty over her head, a bomb ticking away.

The street connected to the alley was busy, thousands of normal humans bustling around, walking around with purpose, a fixed destination in mind. All very rich and wealthy. They never have to worry about going hungry. Sierra had seen their source of food at the outskirts of the city. Those poor farmers never had enough. 

You'd think they were bankrupt and in poverty, but in truth, they were all filthy rich. The businessmen and women where richer. Literally swimming in cash.

No, the farmers were hungry because they yearn money. They were probably all chrometophobic. They would sell every drop of grain they had just so then they could have piles of bills and cash lying around in their house. The farmers were all fools.

There's a huge wild, untamable, forest surrounding Drale, the only civilization you can find within one hundred thousand miles. Sierra would go into the forest and gather mushrooms and hunt animals and sell them to the farmers. She could get a lot of cash off of them.

A small girl with light golden hair points at a doll in the display case across the street, opposite of the alley Sierra was standing in. Her cheerful spoiled shriek echoes. A couple of bobbing heads turn to look at her before continuing. The girl's mother clutches her hand tightly, and takes her into the shop. A shy looking man nervously shuffles into the crowd, joining them but not a part of them. He sticks out like a black dot on a white surface. 

The man is wearing a clean, crisp suit. Freshly pressed and ironed. Too extravagant, as if going to a prom. Around his wrist is a watch. Not out of the ordinary, but it is much more expensive than most watches humans wear on a daily basis.

Sierra's icy blue eyes stays on him until he is out of view, buried by the crowd. How much she wants to slide from shadow to shadow until she is right beside him, and slip his wallet out of his pocket? But she has a mission, a plan to carry out. Sierra slips away. No one notices. No one knows. For now.

***

"She was here!" the plump lab scientist exclaims, calling out to his fellow lab-mates.

"Hmm yes. Curious, curious," his buddy mutters, rubbing his chin in an annoying way. 

Milo, the plump scientist, is an overweight, enthusiast in science. His buddy, Finn, is a skinny wannabe-scientist, a fraud, and a scammer who wants to start over. Milo has soft fluffy red hair that is always tangled together. Finn has hard, bristly blond hair that is literally a buzzcut. They are lower-ranked scientists who work on the Anti-wolf project. There is a particular werewolf that has been causing trouble all over the city. They suspect the werewolf is, in fact, a she-wolf and therefore refers to it as a 'her'.

"Look!" Milo suddenly yelps, pointing a thick finger at a small wispy white hair on the ground. "That must belong to her!"
Finn immediately runs over and picks it up using tweezers. He carefully puts it in a ziplock bag. "We will get this tested," he declares in his silly fake british accent. He isn't actually from Europe. 

Milo takes out a brush and dusts the ground with a silvery powder. There are boot prints on the ground. A sound of surprise and happiness escapes Milo's throat as he eagerly takes pictures of the newly found prints.  

"Let's go!" Finn says. 

"No. There might be more evidence!" Milo argues. He uses large magnifying glasses to trace the prints. They abruptly end at the corner. Milo grumbles angrily. He scurries around looking for more prints, but there are none.

Finn takes out his walkie-talkie and receives a message. "Yup we'll be right back."

"What?" Milo asked.

"Team Cacafuego caught one! A he-wolf!" Finn replies, somewhat grimly. "We are to report back to base as Team Back-double as backup in case he acts up."

"It's LABS. Not base! We aren't a military!" Milo says. "And what about Team Apoplanesis?"

"They get to keep searching."

"Unfair!" Milo complains, but gets into their truck anyways.