chapter 2

A few hours had passed and it was around lunch time. Rafa was getting tired and her head was in my lap. Neymar was still sitting next to me and his hand was on top of mine. We had mostly watched Rafa run around and play while we talked. It was an amazing day so far.

"I had fun with you today, we should do this more often, just the two of us." I looked at Neymar who's eyes were still on the crashing waves. I couldn't help but smile as my heart started beating faster.

"I had fun today too, and we really should. We don't really get alone time and we have so much to catch up on still." I said while still looking at him with a smile. He started to rub the back of my hand with his thumb. I turned my head back to the view in front of us and closed my eyes. When I opened them, I saw Neymar staring at me from the corner of my eye.

"Enjoying the view?"I asked still looking forward.

"I very much am." He said not taking his eyes off of me.

I lowered my head and felt my cheeks heat up. How did he have this effect on me. I mean. I'm 10 and practically drooling over my best friend. My smile fell from my face and I started thinking about how he was probably doing all of this as a friend. Telling me these things. I mean, that's what friends say to each other, right?

"What's wrong Gabs?" He asked with a worried expression on his face.

"Nothing, just thinking." I said while blushing and smiling at the nickname. Technically I didn't lie, but didn't tell the whole truth.

"We should go back. I think we're all getting hungry and Rafa is tir- oh never mind, she's already sleeping." I giggled as I heard little snores start to escape her mouth.

"Yea, my mom can make us something for lunch. That's only if you want of course!" Ney said with a smile as he started to get up giving me his hand.

I took Rafa's head off my lap and put it on the sand taking his hand. When I got up I bent down to pick Rafa up.

"What are we doing?" Rafa asked tiredly, burying her head in the crook of my neck.

"We're walking home, go back to sleep Rafa."

30 seconds later she was fast asleep again. The rest of the walk was silent. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence though. It was nice. Neymar walked right next to me like the way there. I felt safe. I had two of the most important people in the world with me. I just wished it could stay like this forever.

When we got back to Neymar's house, nobody was home. It wasn't unusual though. I went upstairs and laid Rafa down on her bed pulling the blankets over her and giving her a kiss on the head. I shut her door quietly and made my way back down the hall.

"My mom went out for a little." I heard and saw Neymar in the kitchen smiling.

"That means more us time!" I said and walked to the kitchen.

He was holding a paper which I assume was a note Nadine left us.

"I'm gonna take a quick shower. Oh and btw I'm not putting these back on so I'm wearing your clothes." I said with a sheepish smile.

"That's fine, I'll make us something to eat then. Bit be quick because I can't promise that you'll still have any food left for you!" Ney yelled as I walked towards his room.

I grabbed a pair of sweatpants, a short sleeved shirt, a hoodie, and a pair of socks because their house gets cold with the ac on all the time. I walked to the bathroom and turned the shower on. I was quick because I know how that boy can eat. If I wasted even a second I wouldn't have any food left. My shower lasted about 5 minutes. I got out and put his clothes on. They still smelled like him. I brushed my hair and walked out of the bathroom. Luckily he wasn't done with lunch yet, so I still had plenty of food.

"Well you really didn't hold back with 'borrowing' my clothes!" He laughed putting air quotes around the word borrowing.

"Why the air quotes?" I asked even though I knew what he was talking about.

"Oh please, we all know that you never give anybody their clothes back." He said with a serious look on his face.

"Well maybe this time will be different." I said with a shrug.

"Oh who am I kidding no it won't." I giggled finally giving in.

Ney was making us fries and nuggets. Oh he knows the way to a girls heart. He was also heating up Pao De Queijo that his mom made. Pao De Queijo is my soft spot and everybody that knows me knows that. I could eat it every day and never get tired of it. I went and sat on the couch waiting for lunch to be ready. About 5 minutes later, Neymar walked in with 2 plates full of food. I smiled up at him as both of our stomachs growled. We busted out laughing.

"Well well well, who new that Neymar Jr could cook?" I said with raised eyebrows and a grin.

"I am an amazing cook actually." He said setting the plates down in front of us.

As soon as he put the plates down I turned the TV on looking for a show to watch. I just put on a random show. Don't even know the name of it. It was quite funny though. When I started eating, I felt satisfied. I was so hungry. Who knew sitting at the beach and talking could make one person so hungry.

"Woah slow down there." Neymar said laughing

I sent him a glare and continued eating. As soon as we finished I washed our plates and left them to dry. I came back to find Neymar asleep on the couch. I looked at him and laughed. I went to check on Rafa. She was still sleeping but had woken up at some point as changed her clothes. I went back to the living room and turned the TV off. I grabbed one of the blankets on the couch and put it around Neymar. I kissed his check before laying down next to him with my own blanket. I felt myself drifting off into a deep sleep. It had been such a good day and we were only halfway through.