𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Water.

A colorless, transparent, odorless liquid
That fills oceans, lakes, ponds and other bodies
water, no living organism can live without water.

They say in dreams water can mean
fertility, creativity, emotional well-being, renewal, purity, and new endeavors.

While life thrives with water, water can just as easily end a life as it can start one.

_______

"W...e. U.."

"W...ke u..."

"Wake up!"

A heaved cough tore through the soaked strangers throat, as they choked up salt water.

The salty thick taste of ocean water filled all 5 of their senses, eyes tearing up as they coughed the salty liquid out their body.

With one final gurgling cough, their body stopped retching out the salty ocean water. They groaned their rubbed their throat with their wet hand, their throat felt sore from all the coughing.

"F-fuck..." they groaned out, voice sounding hoarse and raspy. Which...would be kinda hard to tell since their voice is usually raspy but- that's besides the point.

They hissed, feeling the salt water from their hair roll down their face and sting their eyes. They instinctively brought up their hand to rub their eyes, only to make it worse once realizing....their hands were also covered in the same salt water. Actually their entire body was drenched.

"GOD FUCKING-"

_______

They eventually just gave up, deciding to live with the awful salty smell radiating off them that was beginning to sting their skin.

Taking a seat on a nearby rock; they ran their fingers through their wet hair, finally taking a moment to look around. They quirked a brow, where the fuck where they? They didn't remember ever going to the beach earlier today or any other bodies of water....actually they couldn't remember anything at all. The only thing they could remember was their name.

"Wait a minute...wasn't there a voice or somethin'" they questioned themselves. They heard someone, not well but they definitely heard someone tell them to 'wake up'...or maybe their just losing it?

"Wouldn't be the first time I've gone crazy.." they huffed, sarcastically. Gazing at the horizon, it seemed to be pretty late. Maybe around 9 or 11 at night.

"God I hope there's someone out here this late at night to take me to a nearby town or somethin" they groaned. They stood up from their spot on the rigidly, spiky, not-really-comfortable rock.

"Better get walking then..."

______

"I'm gonna kill myself"

The h/c haired teen gridded their teeth together, they were clearly pissed and exhausted. For the past hour they have been waiting on the side of the road looking for a car to hitchhike.