Chapter 17.

Third person POV (Hyunjin)

"This is the second time within a month that I am drying your hair." Hyunjin informed the black-haired boy sitting in front of him. He ran his hand through the soft black locks and moved the hair-dryer properly to warm the roots.

"Thank you so much for the reminder Jin" Minho replied back snidely making Hyunjin sigh at the obvious displeasure in Minho's voice. Ok, he may have gone a little overboard due to his anger, but did no one understand his point? Were they not as worried of the dancer as he was?

Minho looked dazed and zoned out the entire days, his dance was almost robotic as if he wasn't even in the mood to do so, his voice sounded raspy most of the time with the constant dehydration, he has going on with his numerous activities, and his charming aura was replaced with a dejected one. He looked half dead and that scared Hyunjin.

This was the first time he had seen Minho look so.... depressed.

Even during their rookie days, the dancer kept his composure despite never being in the spotlight much, he never complained nor got upset when his lines were cut off in their title tracks, he never stopped smiling even though his talents weren't used to his potential but now?

What had suddenly happened to make him like this?

"Hyung.... I am sorry. Really, I didn't mean to be rude and inconsiderate. I was- I am so worried about you..." Hyunjin stared down, feeling his heart skipping its beats as his eyes met Minho's dark ones. The elder stared back emotionlessly and that made the rapper sad.

He understood that Minho was way in too deep in his feelings about being a perfect hyung, no matter how much he pretends to be a non-caring human.

Getting no answer in return made Hyunjin turn off the dryer and place it away on the desk, but when he turned back again, he found Minho standing in front of him way too close. His breathe hitched and he froze at the intimate distance between them feeling his heartbeat skyrocket and his palms starting to sweat. His eyes roamed over the older's face, his skin fresh and glowing, his eyes not as depressed, his lips a pretty shade of pink, his nose and cheeks slightly red.....

Fuck!! God really plays favorites huh..

"There are better ways of being worried for me than being a lil brat, Hyunjinnie. I won't push away your care, y'know?" His voice was so soft and soothing, making the younger's heart flutter.

"Yeah, I am sorry, hyung." He replied back shakily, stepping away from the alluring human just as the door opened and Felix peeked in.

"Food is ready." He announced, coming over and standing in front of Minho, who shook his head at the freckled boy with a small smile on his face. Felix stuck his tongue out and grabbed his hand, whisking him away from the room, shooting a beckoning look at Hyunjin too.

Hyunjin nodded back in acknowledgement but didn't move, trying to calm down his pulse at the sudden incident that happened. Did he do it on purpose? Knowing that it might fluster him?

Aishhhh....

Now Hyunjin wishes he hadn't frozen up and had retaliated back like he used to....

***

"Call me if you need anything, ok?"

"Sure, be careful on your way back."

"I will. Bye Lixie, love you"

"Love you too Jinnie" Hyunjin waved back as the elevator doors closed after him.

Leaving the two was not something Hyunjin fancied, knowing their health conditions but he was pretty tired after the day's practice. It was quite tough to rearrange the dance and learn it quickly enough to perform well, knowing that they will have to rearrange it again when Felix will get better.

And knowing themselves, Hyunjin wasn't expecting any form of interaction with Minho for the next couple of weeks with how busy they were gonna be. So he just sighed and moved on, fully aware that no amount of whining and drama would win him a Lee Minho.

If only life was easy as Hyunjin's antics....

"Hello, sir" the saleswoman greeted him with a deep bow, smiling at him professionally. He bowed back and strode straight over to the shelf which consisted of acrylic paints and different sizes of brush. Examining the colors and the brush took him around 10 minutes, as he picked out his desired shade of crimson and turquoise and required length of brush. He also picked up a packet of brush pens, markers, colored pens of pastel shades, alcohol markers and water color. Its not like he was in a dire need of those but he still bought his supplies in advance as a reassurance.

"That would be 6,076 KRW" the lady glanced at his masked face a couple of times, most likely recognizing him, but kept quiet and solemnly packed his supplies. He handed her his card and waited patiently as she tapped on her computer screen.

However, that patience soon transformed to panic when he heard some squeals and shrieks a few aisle down beside him. His head snapped to the sound and sure enough, a group of teenage girls were crowded around the sketchbook area, whispering and fumbling with their phones.

Fuck....

He cursed and looked at the saleswoman imploringly, who threw a glance at the girls and slammed his card at the counter, making them all jump.

"I would request you all to respect our customer's privacy and also our code of conduct. You aren't allowed to click pictures of anyone without their consent." She spoke up firmly, handing the startled weasel his card and bag of purchases, who quickly bowed in gratitude and spun around to the exit, ignoring the girls at the aisle.

Double fuck...

He froze when he realized that he had forgotten to pick some canvas paper and long sketchbooks from the very aisle they were in......

Hyunjin hesitantly turned his head back and saw them still staring at him, his eyes catching a phone peeking out from behind a girl's back which made him instantly take off, forgetting all about canvases and sketchbooks. He walked out as fast as he could without actually being a weirdo and pulled the bucket hat low over his face, trying to analyse what gave his cover off and made them all recognize him.

The walk back was thankfully deprived of any more traumatizing events and soon he was in the security of his dorm as he punched in the code and dragged his aching feet inside the homely atmosphere.

"Oh, you're back" Chan was at his side within second, greeting him with a warm smile and english words. Despite his disheveled look and tired frame, the leader's eyes were shining and as he wrapped the taller in his arms, his voice humming in satisfaction.

"What is the lovely occasion, hyung? You all forgot about me the last few weeks and now you love me? Tchh!!" Hyunjin scoffed jokingly, pulling a faux offended voice even as he leaned into the hug.

"Yah... shut up" Chan retorted back, just tightening the hold and putting his cheeks against Hyunjin's shoulder. The tall rapper closed his eyes, soaking up the warmth and affection he knew would disappear when their comeback officially starts.

Hyunjin could hate anyone, like anyone, be in love with anyone, but no one will come as close to being his brother as BangChan, a pillar for his emotions and support.