prologue

━━━━━━ SOUNDS OF HEAVY breathing, groans and cries of pain could be heard inside the four corners of the queen's chamber as soon as her labor started. Sweat covered her forehead, strands of auburn-brown sticking to her face.

Servants fled inside and out from the chambers to ensure the safety of the mother and babe. Bringing the needed things for childbirth. Lying flat with her back on the bed, the queen felt the mattress slowly soaking from the gashing liquid. Taking a sharp intakes of breaths, the pain now twice as she gritted her teeth.

The door of her chambers opened as her lord husband, King Viserys, had heard the news of his wife going into labor for their fourth child. Quickly he placed himself beside her, doing the best to help the queen.

On the other side, severents carefully wiped her sweat-covered face with a wash-cloth. The midwives and maesters on the end of her bed on standby for any complications or situations to occur. "When will the babe be out?" King Viserys asked as the queen just shook her head in pain, after giving birth to her three other children this one may be the most painful one.

"The water has just been broken and her opening is not wide enough for the babe to come out, Your Grace." The midwife answered. Queen Alicent took an uneven breath as the pain subsided for a while, she looked at her lord husband, who simply smiled at her. Foolish husband, The queen thought as he simply did nothing but hold her hand.

After a few painful groans, Queen Alicent took a deep breath turning her head to King Viserys. "The babe is coming out." She declared.

"It's time, My Queen." The midwife said. Confirming the queen's words, as they lower her down on the birthing bed.

Alicent pushed when told, shouts of pain escaping her lips, She held tight to King Viserys hand almost crushing it, The King did nothing but allow his wife to squeeze him tight. "COME OUT!" The Queen shouted, trembling in her bed, "DAMMIT COME OUT COME OUT!" She shouted again, throwing her head back in agony. She had no trouble with giving birth until now, it was like the babe refused to leave its mother's womb. "JUST FUCKING COME OUT!" She shouted out, in exhaustion

After hours of pain, the midwife pulled out the babe that wasn't crying. "Congratulations Your Graces, you have a daughter!" She called out, but looked at the babe to see that it wasn't moving, she glanced at the maesters with worrisome eyes.

King Viserys caught the look and turned to his wife as she asked to see the babe, " Your Grace...." The maester trailed off with a sadden look in his eyes.

Alicent took one look at him and then to her babe, alreadying assuming the worst, she began to sob. "No, no,no!" She shouted pressing her hands on her bed to stand up, she winced in pain, her maids and her husband were trying to keep her from standing. "Please, let me see my baby!" She called out as she watched the midwife and another maester press on the baby's chest. "Viserys, My baby!" She says as tears begin to pool in her eyes.

The room was filled with panicked breaths of the midwives and maesters as they tried to get the babe to breathe, while Alicent's sobs echoed off the walls, Her tired hazel eyes were staring at her baby that was placed on the table, the babe had turned blue.

Viserys looked up from his wife and there stood his first child, Rhaenyra. Tension filled the air. Alicent laid in bed, screaming. "My babe!" She gasped out as she hiccuped. The servants made way for the crown princess, showing a babe and a table. Viserys placed his forehead on his wife's hand, praying to the seven that their child would live.

Suddenly the room went quiet, Alicent broke down assuming the silence meant her babe was gone, suddenly a piercing cry echoed, the babe was alive! Everyone let out a sigh in relief as a handmaiden wrapped the babe up in a green and silver silk.

The queen's cries of sadness turned into happiness, her baby had survived the procedure, she clutched the babe to her chest; she was given a miracle. Her hand brushed through the full head of silver hair.

"Have you discussed a name for her?" Asked Rhanerya as she leaned over her father. Alicent clutched her dear daughter, turning her head to Viserys. "Valaena!" He answered. His purple eyes stared at Valaena. Rhaenrya simply nodded.

Alicent asked her lady-in-waiting to bring her, her other children urgently to meet their sister. As Rhaenrya watched the girl leave, she patted her sweaty hands down her blue gown. "May I?" She asked, her hands already reaching out. She was asking to hold Valaena yet she knew that Alicent wouldn't allow her to even hold her newly born child, but Viserys was there, so Alicent had no choice but to nod as she held her tongue.

Valaena's eyes shot open immediately after she was handed to their half-sister. The crown princess smiled at her sister's violet eyes. "Hello Valaena." She whispered, as her finger creased her hair. Rhaenyra wonderd if her son and her would perhaps grow kin to each other and bond the two families at last, since her own son. Jacaerys was born just three moons before Valaena.

She turned her face when she heard her other siblings come in with their nursemaid. Alicent's hands reached up to grab her other youngest, Aemond, and once he was in her arms she turned to Rhaenrya, who was still holding her newborn. "Boys, Helaena, meet your sister, Valaena." She said watching Rhaenrya lower her daughter, allowing her other children to see the babe. The young targaryens looked at their new sibling with awe.

Viserys's hands rubbed Valaena's head, "Have you picked a dragon egg?" He asked as Rhaenyra handed the babe to him. Aegon looked up, his eyes never leaving Valaena, "Nyra picked one." He leaned over to look more at his sister. Alicent clenched the sheets at the name her oldest said.

"Ah, Yes, beautiful gold scales. Your Grace." Rhaenrya said watching Helaena lean over their father's lap. "Good, Good." Viserys nodded, smiling at his family.

"Aemond, don't you want to see your sister." Aemond stayed close to his mother, his head turned the opposite side of his father, resting his head on Alicents chest not wanting to look at his younger sister.

"It seems that Prince Aemond only wishes to be with you, Your grace." A servant spoke. Alicent smiled while patting Aemonds back. "It seems so." She turned to her little miracle who slept soundly in her husband's arms.

Weeks after her birth Valaena managed what her other siblings couldn't do, her cradle-egg hatched. A dragon, just like its egg, had bright gold scales, almost the same size as the small child. The dragon never once left the infant's side. Viserys decided Valaena was to name the dragon when she grew older.

━━━━━━
𝖪𝗂𝗍 𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖺𝗄𝗌 ➜
nov.21 rewrite
my hands are cold because of frozen mangos.
KIT OUT!

I love school!

︎︎ⓘ false information has been detected