Chapter-1- My Birthday..

After being alone for almost four years now I wake up on my seventeenth birthday, feeling like an idiot. I do however, put my slippers on and go downstairs, just like normal. Mum had made me what looked like the most scrumptious breakfast ever. Eggs Benedict, some croissants and strawberry jam. I got a vibration from my phone. It was Dann's pattern. Dann is a boy I am completely in love with. We're friends and all but he's so cute. His hair is an oak brown, fringe swooping to the left side of his face. Eyes such a beautiful ocean blue and a smile just like a polar bears fur. His nose perfectly straight with the end just like a button. He usually wears a black top with a leather jacket and some jet black skinny jeans, black as the night sky. He has the most amazing sense of humour, I think it's his 6th sense. He's so kind and supporting. I can't help falling in love. He's just a tad taller than me which I find so cute. There's one MASSIVE problem.. He has a girlfriend named Sapphire. If he can love an orange jewel, why can he not love a purple stone? The text reads:
Dann😼
(Happy Birthday hope you have a brill day💋)
I instantly reply with the biggest grin on my face. Dann Cord just text me. And used a lips emoji as if it were a kiss.
Amethyst💜
(Oh hello, Thankyou! How are you?😘)
Was the kissy face pushing the boat out too far? Oh who cares about the boat? Now I want to drown. Why would I even do such a thing. I'm an embarrassment to myself. I continue to eat this delicious breakfast. After taking a sip of orange juice, I get a ping.
It's Dann again.
Dann😼
(No problem! Well, I mean, I trust you with what I'm about to say.. Okay? Me and Sapphire split up a few days ago, that's why she hasn't been in school..💬💋)
WAIT. THEY BROKE UP? I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THEM. WAIT. DANN TRUSTS ME.
Okay. At this point I start to hyperventilate.
I run upstairs and get my makeup out. I put on my foundation, bronzer and eyeliner. I then proceed to fill in my eyebrows. I curl my short blonde hair and yell to my sister, Jade, "Have we got dance class today?
I hear her shout from her room.
"Yeah we do, at 2:25"
That's period 6, after lunch break. I pull on a JackWills shirt and some Alex Jeans from Hollister. I then begin to put my converse on. After looking in the mirror I decide to go with a better shirt. I put on my Liverpool pink limited edition sequin shirt. My family lives in Liverpool and support them like mad. I've took after them. I like it because it's a magenta shirt with a glitzy glammy sequinned liver bird on it. Perfect, especially as today is Steven Gerard's last match before he leaves to go to LA Galaxy. Most people in my school support Leeds or Norwich. Leeds because that was where our school was located before our town burned to ashes. Norwich because now, that's where we live. Liverpool for the win guys. I throw on my "ChilledChaosIsBae" jacket and head out. It is a crisp cold January and you can feel the air sink into your skin, making your blood stream slightly slow down. I hear Jade come out of the house so I walk with her. As we walk down the hill, we see Dann. I smile at him whilst Jade is getting her SixthForm folder out. If you're wondering me and Jade are twins. Dann stops and I don't know if it's my fault. Does he know it's me? I never have my hair curly. What have I done? He opens his cavernous mouth, showing his gleaming teeth and I worry about what he's going to say. "Amethyst, Jade, walk with me yeah?" We nod as it's so cold even to speak. Any expulsions of air will simply freeze. I'd hate to say a plosive consonant!
I was just walking in an awkward silence all the way. At the gates Dann sees his mates Mattie and Karl. At this point the ice beneath my converse shoes cannot hold me for much longer. I slip. It hurts alot. I stagger to get up. Mattie, Karl and Jade all laugh. I didn't look to see but I assume Dann is laughing too. I run into the building without even showing Mr Jollce my pen and pencil. I sprint straight to the toilets and cry. Locking myself in a cubicle. In our school it's like in the hall there is a row of sinks. Double sided. Each side is a gender toilets and at the end it's Gender-Fluid/Unisex. Boys don't go on the girls side and girls don't go on the boys side. That's just how it is. I feel a knock on the door and check to see I locked it. I did. Why is someone knocking? What if it's someone to humiliate me for falling over? I say go away. They just bang the door harder. I can't take it anymore. I open the door and it's Dann.
"Are you okay?" He asks tenderly.
"DO I LOOK OKAY? NO? THEN IM NOT OKAY. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE
YOURE JUST USING ME LIKE THE OTHERS AND BEFORE YOU ASK NO I HAVENT TOLD ANYONE ABOUT YOU AND SAPPHIRE BUT OH I GOD DAMN PLAN TOO."
What. Did. I. Just. Say?
I break down into tears and Dann steps away, tears in his eyes.
Dann, I'm sorry.. I try to get out on the whines and cries.
"It's okay.... But you're not okay.. What's happened Amethyst? Why are you crying?"
I stay silent. I then realise he wasn't laughing. His laughter is infectious and I didn't hear it.
"Wait, let me rephrase that" He says. "Who broke you? Who made you turn.. Well. To stone."
Even in a situation like this he can make a brilliant pun.