The Morning After

The next morning, the sun shines through the blinds into the bedroom of Y/N O'Brien and onto the two occupants of the bedroom. 

The brunette buries her face into the chest of the male to keep the sun out of her eyes. Flashes of the night before fill her head. 

The male pulls her closer in his sleep his hand resting on her lower back. She looks at his sleeping face with a smile. 

Her phone lights up and the smile falls from her face. She sits up in the bed covering her body with the covers and gets off the bed revealing the naked form of the man she spent the night with. 

She never sleeps with someone on a first date but he is different. He's kind and gentle, he took care of her after and then he cuddled with her, something none of the guys she's slept with did. 

She collects her clothes that were discarded the night before. She puts her clothes on and picks up a piece of paper from his desk, writing a note. 

She places the note on the pillow she once occupied. She leans down kissing his cheek as he smiles in his sleep.

"I'm sorry," she whispers. 

Lizzie leaves the room heading down the stairs before leaving the house in a cab.  

An hour later the male wakes up stretching as he reaches over to pull his companion closer to him only to met with emptiness. His hand finds paper and he holds it in front of him. He lets his eyes adjust to the light before reading.

'Dear Y/N, thank you for the date. I had an amazing night and the sex was amazing. Unfortunately, I think it was a mistake. 

I'm sorry, I know I made a promise last night but this was wrong. 

Lizzie x' 

He sighs to himself running his hands down his face. He puts the note in his drawer and sits up rubbing his eyes. 

"At least Lacey didn't get attached."

He throws his legs over the bed and pushes himself up. He walks into the shower washing away the night before. The more he thinks about how happy she made him only to be gone when he woke up makes him cry. 

He lowers himself to the floor crying and screams. He wipes his eyes and continues to shower. He gets out drying himself before getting dressed in his usual t-shirt, leather jacket and jeans. 

He texts Emma's mom asking if Lacey can stay there while he heads out for a ride on his bike, she was okay with it and so was Lacey. 

Y/N gets on his motorbike riding through the streets heading towards a place from when he was a teen. He turns off the engine and kicks the stand before climbing off. 

He sits down on the dirt and looks out over the city. This was his and Ally's place they came to forget everything, escape reality. 

After two hours there he heads home and heads to Emma's house. He knocks on the door and her mom answers. 

"Hey Y/N."

"Hey is she ready?"

"Yeah I'll get her, come in."

Y/N walks in and Emma's mom heads to get Lacey from upstairs. She runs down and into her dad's arms hugging him tightly which he returns kissing her head.

"Thanks for minding her."

"Anytime."

He smiles and they leave the house walking home as Lacey fills him in on what happened at Emma's house. 

"So how did your date with Elizabeth go?"

"It was good, we had fun."

He smiles remembering their dinner in the park and the night they spent together.

"You slept with her didn't you?"

"I'm not discussing my sex life with you kiddo."

"You definitely did, you're glowing."

"Well it doesn't matter anyway, we decided it was a one night thing."

"But dad, she is great for you."

"Things don't always go the way we want sweetie."

He kisses her head walking into the living room with their popcorn and drinks. 

Meanwhile as Lizzie gets out of the cab her stomach fills with dread. His car in her driveway brought back memories she never wanted to relive. 

She walks inside her house seeing him sat on the couch. He turns to look at her with an angry look on his face.

"Did you think I wouldn't find out?"

"It doesn't matter, we're broken up."

"I will make your life hell and you know that. Stay away from him."

The man holds a knife to her neck and she starts to tear up.

"I'll stay away from him."

"Good."

The man leaves and Lizzie sits on her couch listening to the car driving away.

"I'm sorry Y/N." 

Y/N and Lacey have a movie day as Y/N chooses to forget Lizzie. His number one priority is Lacey and although it hurts that he can't be with Lizzie, he has to be strong for Lacey no matter what.