( . . . 𝟒 )

Robin had shown up to school the next day tired and fed up. It wasn't for the fact that he didn't sleep much, but it was because of Billy, the way he got woken up by the midget and the sudden change of heart he had.

He prayed for one night. One goddamn night, for God's sake. Was it that hard to wish for such simple, harmless thing? He wasn't asking for a gold ingot, wasn't he?

But guess that there was no God who was watching him from upon.

"Robin! Ay, ay wake up man!"

"Billy..." Robin groaned. "Shut the fuck up." But the paperboy continued shaking him, as if the sugar caps from the wine he'd fed himself at the arrival were caught in his hearse. "Go work or some shit, dog."

But it didn't stop. And it looked like he had no intention of stopping or of any wise decision as such. "No, listen, this is important! Like - really important! Y'gotta hear this, I'm serious!" He smiled widely. "There's two of them!"

And, to cut a long tale short, that's how he discovered that New York City was more than just haunted. And he was starting to consider moving away.

If he can't bear one superhero, one spider-man, then he surely can't handle two of them.

Another thing that made his day worse was the creepy sight of Billy's locker, pictures of the Spider-girl (who apparently calls herself Ghost-Spider) glued on the metallic door. And trust me when I say that Robin hates the idea of people being obsessed over him. Or them?
Maybe it was the idea of it being Billy.

He remembered how Spiderman told him about how he became what he is, being bitten by the smallest spider he has ever seen, and then- then... what did he start talking about next? God, Robin can't remember. He spoke so much it was hard to keep track.

Perhaps it's Robin who struggles to recall the names of superheroes. He remembers his eyelids becoming heavier by the minute that night (which was weirdly unusual).

"But why two?" Billy motioned as he walked through the busy corridors, fiercely shouldering people to avoid being squeezed by third-year students.

It started this morning and it was going on and on at school, too. "Like... Why is she here? Does she have any connection to him? Well, obviously. I mean, I don't need to be a genius to understand that. But do they know each other's identity?"

And Robin listened, breathing and exhaling softly each time, trying to maintain his patience. While walking, his gaze was drawn to the single person who would ever hold his attention:

Finney was there, shoulder to locker, chatting to a girl shorter than him, and even though he couldn't see her back, he recognized her: in high school, Donna had long hair - but looks like she decided to cut it to shoulder length back again, like in 8th grade.

He couldn't help but notice Finney's hair was curlier than normal behind his blue NASA hood.

His gaze followed, keeping on walking, till the boy raised his arm and waved, calling him. Robin didn't waste a single second and didn't bother to glance at Billy, leaving him and his talk alone as he turned his head around in confusion.

Donna turned around, the purple skirt swaying as she smiled with that wide, pretty smile of hers, the small amount of lip gloss shining. "Hey, Robin! Long time no see." She greeted.

It was true; they were never considered 'friends' but they definitely got along with one another. Not since always, though. It's hard for Robin to accept the fact that he foolishly disliked her in the first year of high school. "True." And he felt bad, because he knew she has always been nice to him. "You cut your hair. You look nice."