2

IMAGE ABOVE MADE BY: KINQAROU ON TWT
CWS: N/A
NOTES: The way things are going so far, this won't be popular. That's alright, I didn't expect it to. I hope you're enjoying reading, tho :)
WORD COUNT:

/-/

Cesar slumped himself onto the dusty, unused chair. He hadn't been able to pay attention in class today, so, for the first time since he had woken up, he had homework. But he still couldn't get himself to focus.
Lately, Mark had been giving him weird looks. He didn't know if that was normal or anything, but it didn't feel normal. It was stressing him out. What did he do wrong?
He sighed. Perhaps a walk outside would do him good.

/>/

The leaves fell to the ground, coloured beautiful shades of red, orange, and yellow. The park was uninhabited, not a creature in sight. Cesar overheard that people were scared of "alternates", and that's why they don't go out. But he tuned in to the radio every day after school, and he never heard of such.
Sometimes, he wished he had memory. Then he could maybe make sense of what was going on. The weird looks he was given, the alternate situation.. all that, he'd understand.
Yet here he was.

As he walked down the slightly muddy yet dry enough to not get his shoes dirty, he spotted a ravenette by a tree, sitting on a beige bench and watching leaves slowly make their way down to the ground. Perhaps he wasn't alone here, after all.
He continued walking down the path, and the woman noticed him. She smiled a bit, and he saw her lips move, but he couldn't hear anything. She seemed to notice. "Hello, Cesar," she said, louder. "It's good to see you here."
Cesar was a bit surprised. He didn't recognize the woman, but she had. What now? "Oh- hey," he blurted out on instinct.

The woman frowned, folding her hands on her lap. "What's wrong? You seem troubled."
What's wrong? Oh, just my memory was lost and so I don't remember who you are, and everyone I know is giving me weird looks and I don't know why, he thought. "Nothing," what was what came out of his mouth.
The world seemed to darken. The woman stood up, and she loomed over him.
Her eyes widened yet darkened, dark circles appearing around her eyes as her figure seemed to darken altogether. "Are you sure?"

/-/

Mark sighed. "Stop it, Sarah," he grumbled.
She whined. "Come onn, big bro! Pleasee? I just want a small talk with him!"
"Then don't ask me! I'm not his caretaker!" Mark responded, scribbling on his paper.
"But you're the only person who knows him! I've looked around, and nobody else does!"
Mark looked over, a mix of surprise and doubt painting his face. "I don't believe you. You're 13."
"Come on! I can do things, even if I'm 13," she pouted.
Mark sighed, turning back. "Ask him yourself. I'm sure he'd love to have a talk with a younger person like you."
She grumbled. "Is that sarcasm?"
"No, no, I'm surrre he'd loove to have a small little chat."

Mark smirked. Sarah seemed to have given up. "Fine, I'll ask him. But you have to take me to his house."
"Oh no, you have to get some exercise!" He grinned, he was having too much fun with this. "I'll give you his address."
He quickly wrote down the address, and handed the paper to Sarah. "Have fun."
She snatched it from him angrily, let out a little "Hmph!" and left.