Chapter 16.

It was the day of my 18th birthday. I still remember the day I found out about Harry. I still remember the abuse I suffered when I was a child. I still remember everything.

And I still felt the same way when all those things happened.

I felt lost, alone, like someone was trying to make my life hell by making all these horrible things happen to me.

I lost contact with my dad again a few months ago and my nan hadn't spoke to me since Harry's death. I didn't even get to go to the funeral.

I was sat in a park, alone. Wondering if anything would ever make me happy. I got up and started walking, I found myself in town and near Boots. I went in and was looking round. I spotted some baby clothes and smiled. I'd always wanted children, but I knew that was never going to happen. I'd never even had a boyfriend yet. Every guy I fancied either laughed in my face or didn't like me back. I was a mess why would anyone fancy me.

I went towards the chemist section and looked at a few boxes of tablets. I remembered what happened last time I tried to overdose and the thought made my skin crawl. I scurried off and started walking home.

I got home and no one was there. I sat on the sofa with Lilly curled up by side. I started crying and she shot up and licked my tears away.

I felt like she was the only one who loved me and cared for me. Me and my mum had started to drift apart just lately, since Harry died she has been distant with me. Now I was getting older she didn't appreciate my attitude towards life, but how could she blame me after everything that happened?

I kissed Lilly and told her I loved her and went up to the bathroom.

I ran myself a bath and stood there for a while just staring and thinking. I kept my clothes on and got into the bath, I closed my eyes and before I knew it I heard banging on the door, very faint and very muffled.

I didn't move, I couldn't move.

"Laura open the door now!!! Get out the bath and let me in! Please don't do this again, please don't leave me Laura!" I heard my mum shouting but I couldn't wake myself up.

The next thing I heard was the door breaking and Sarah's son Kyle came storming in, he managed to life my lifeless body out the bath and pumped on my chest to try and get me to breath. "Wake up Laura please we cant lose you. You've been so brave and strong, we need you to stay with us. Please" he begged while trying to get the air back into my lungs.

I suddenly remember taking a large breath and my eyes flung open.

Kyle swung his arms around me and my mum fell to her knees and buried her head in her hands screaming.